Sunday, November 25, 2007

Turkey Day, etc...

Last weekend we took the kids to the new mall. Every time Brayden sees Build-A-Bear, he begs. And begs. I always say, 'not till your older' (so you will appreciate a $40 stuffed animal!!!) or 'lets wait till Dadda is here with us'. Well he asked, we were all there, and he is old enough now. Right when he walked in he grabbed the Rudolph. He loved stuffing it, and giving it a heart & a bath. Sorry but our Rudolph got a bell collar & no special clothes (thats where it gets extra pricey!) It never ceases to amaze me, anytime I am at the mall, there are parents carrying 2,3,4 Build A Bear boxes! Well when we went to print his gift certificate, I asked him what his name would be, presuming it would be Rudolph.. but no. He insisted on Bambi. I love a kid who marches to the beat of his own drum. Right when we got in the car, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer was playing..too perfect. Then he requested to go home, "bake sugar cookies and make my Christmas list." Then he sat in front of the TV and every commercial that came on, it went on the list! He is feeling the holiday spirit, for sure! He has not let Bambi out of his sight either. He IS appreciative and grateful, so it was worth it.

We had another lovely turkey day. We went to Jer's parents & then to my Dad's. Yes we do 2! We used to do 3 until my Mom moved! It is nice to have family so close, and most definitely I am grateful for that... its just a little overwhelming come the holidays. It feels like we never get to sit still. I have one complaint, I didn't eat any pumpkin pie!! WHAT!? And I LOVE that stuff!There were just too many sweets to choose from & I cant just have a little of all of it, makes me sugared out... so BUMMER! I chose a chocolate pie not knowing that I would be sacrificing the pumpkin! NO! Anyways... the morning after Thanksgiving, Brayden woke me with a sweet request, "Can we please put all the Christmas decorations out?" Nothing like an excited 5 yr old to get your butt in gear! We put out all the stuff minus the tree and then Aunt Erika came over for a "sleepover." Which he has been begging for weeks. Jer and I got a romantic date night to In-N-Out and to the grocery store. It was actually fun and necessary, so fine by me. Thanks Erika!
Saturday, my Mom and Clay came down so I spent the day with my Mom and Uncle Chase came over to play with the boys. Brayden was in heaven with his young Auntie and Uncle all in one day! Saturday night we had a get together at my Mom's Mesa house. Sunday came and after 8:00 church, I retaliated by taking 2 blissful naps! I gave Brayden the choice of Grandmas house, or stay home & get out the Tree, well of course he chose the Tree! I told him we would have to decorate tomorrow but he hurried and stuck on all his favorite ornaments. Such a fun weekend! I told Jer, I don't ask for much but I would like to request 4 day weekends from here on out...it was so nice!

17 comments:

Brittney said...

awe man, sounds like i missed out!! darnit to heck!! i cant wait for libby to get older and request to get out the decorations, and do a build a bear! he is so cute, and full of life. i love it.
well, as soon as my husband fixes my USB problem i will post picts of our weekend in COLD IDAHO!
MY DARN STUPID COMPUTER!!! ARGH, you dont even know how MAD i am that its not letting me download my picts!! i still have to post them from HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!oh, the devastation, and frustration.
I dont even know what to do. soon, hopefully you will get to see my picts, hopefully not after christmas either! this is for sure the worst time of the year to have computer problems!

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend! I have always wanted to do the build a bear thing. Someday we will! Glad you got to! And I agree, we should always have 4 day weekends!

My Loves said...

How crazy that we both had our first Build-a-Bear experiences recently. Brayden is too funny. I love that Bambi is glued to him 24/7. I wish I could say the same about Matix's bear we spent way too much on. Thank goodness for the gift certificate. I can't wait for the kids to be that age where they really get into holidays. How fun that Brayden is so into it all. 2 naps?? I am soooo envious!!

Brooklyn said...

Love rudolph! Jer and Ky loved build a bear. I might have to take Jer again (I think he was a little young). Love all the pic. You look beautiful :) I am glad you got to see your momma too!

Michelle Y. said...

Yeah, it was 15 hours to Idaho, it was brutal but it is all my kids know since my parents are 10 hours away in CA and Craigs are 15 hours away in Idaho. It seems like all we do is drive to see our family. I love the picture of Brayden in front of the TV with all of his stuffed animals. Love the black spider-man pictures. My boys instantly start bouncing off the walls and furniture when they have that mask on.

Heidi Ann said...

Ok, Brayden is was to funny! I totally understand your qualms with Build a Bear, we have yet to experience the joy that store can bring. I love that he named it Bambi, what ever makes them happy.

Tawny Antelman said...

haha braydens cute with bambi sleeping and watching tv, looks like hes got a collection of stuffed animals going on there!! ha
I need to def come play with brayden and stop just saying it.
you do look really cute in the pics,your hair is done differently!

Swirls of Happy said...

Ok, I totally agree with the 4 day weekends!!!! I LOVED actually having a husband home for once, and all at one time!!!! I Love all the cute pics and especially the one with Brayden and his Bambi! What a cutie pie :) I am glad you guys had so much fun!!!

Angie Whitman said...

Looks like a fun and exhausting Thanksgiving day!:)
Oh, and just a FYI...we had Kenzie's last birthday at B.A.B. and it was by far the cheapest b-day ever! We paid $10 a kid and they were 7 total (including her and her sis) and we walked out the door for only $75 with tax! That included a choice of two bears with their choice of ribbons. They have someone host the whole thing so you just sit back and watch and take pic's. They play games with them while they make their bears. They totally made Kenzie feel special. They get a picture and an autograph bear to sign and a goody bag...phew...that was a lot of info! No one even cared about not getting all of the extra stuff! That would of created too many decisions! Anyways, that an a store bought cake..it was heaven! No decorations or stress over "themes"!:)

Shanen said...

It sounds like you guys had a great weekend. I love family time and extra days off.

Swirls of Happy said...

By the way....Has Jenna had her baby yet?!

Chelsea said...

Ha ha Brittany, I know, right?? She is 38.5 weeks, so any day now. It seems like she has been pregnant forever! I can't wait though! and you better believe he is 'goin on the blog' :)

Katrina said...

Oh what fun boys can be! I'm sure glad they keep us in line. Your family is so cute and Chelsea, you are as beautiful and skinny as ever!

Tawny Antelman said...

Good job on saying Braxton will go on the blog, i will put pictures up as well :) ill be the GOOD aunt who puts lots of pics of him up and so forth cuz his mom is against the blogs all of a sudden and wont do one she said.. ha knock some sense into her Chels!

Suni said...

How FUN! My girls love Build a Bear but we don't go as much as they would like and I am mean and never let them pick out an outfit...too expensive! Cute pictures!!

foreveryoung said...

I'm sensing that Paco is getting a little jealous with Bambi stealing the spotlight and all....what a fun holiday weekend. Glad you enjoyed your Turnkey day!

Jen H. said...

What a cute blog and family! I think you have the most handsome boys! I'm excited to now be able to check you blog out from time to time and get to know you better!