Sunday, November 18, 2007

My 7 randoms

Finally finishing the tag that I started oh so very long ago, yes its taken me this long to come up with anything of interest. What a reality check, I am so not interesting!

1. I have a really good memory about certain things, or as my Sis would say, "A Mind like an Elephant!" I don't think she is a fan, nor is Jer at times :) Working on this guys. But it is extra handy for certain things, like I know pretty much any phone # by heart, even if I've only seen it once. I remember every word to my first recital song, "floppy was a rabbit." I was only 4 years old!

2. I won 2nd place in the Spelling Bee in 5th grade, I was especially disappointed at myself because the word I missed was disappoint! (I added an extra 'S')
Oh.... and I won 3rd place in an Emeril Recipe Contest about 2 years ago, for submitting an Eggplant Parmesan, my all time fav recipe from my Mom, and I won a really nice set of kitchen knives! Thanks Emeril, and thanks Mom!

3. I was a total tomboy from 5th grade to 8th grade. I'm talking over sized T-shirts, shorts, and high top Nike's with knee high socks everyday. A sight for sore eyes... And I played football & basketball everyday with all the boys in my neighborhood.

4. Speaking of 8th grade...I pretty much lived my entire 8th grade year in fear. A hardcore gangsta girl from my English class, whom I never even spoke to (okay, maybe thats why?) anyways, told the whole school she was gonna beat me up for no reason except 'she just didn't like me'. I ended up writing her a letter apologizing for whatever it was that I didn't do, and then she was totally NICE after that. I guess a random apology can go a long way! But for years any sight of a "Rollin Hard" shirt (remember those?!) would make me quiver!

5. I was dead set on moving to San Diego to pursue my dream of becoming a Shamu trainer at Sea World. I wanted to move to Cali, work at Sea World & be single till I was 25, until someone came along and changed all my plans!

6. I am obsessed with balance. I am constantly doing the 'Posse Releve' position on one foot around the house. Even when I am cooking, getting ready, and even in the SHOWER! Weirdo.

7. I CANNOT properly function for the day unless my feet have been lotioned, and especially NO SHOES can go on my feet until then.

9 comments:

Brooklyn said...

CHels, Your soooo funny! and Interesting!!!! I can just see ya now doing your balance. Love ya girlie!

Brittney said...

LOL! too funny chel.
that CRACKS me up about the gangsta girl threatening you, how sad:( that is strange you stand in that position often, but i wiggle my toes all the time and scott is constantly calling me out on it. i dunno why i do that?
your mind like an elephant, sometimes can backfire, but can come in handy, its better than a forgetful mind, like mine! and i love that you were a tomboy cuz i bet no one wouldve suspected.

Jaime S. said...

i had no idea about the tom boy thing. although, i do thing your image has changed a lot since the first time i met you ;) yet your sweet heart and good sense of humor is the same. i love this post.

Angie Whitman said...

These tags are so hard to do!! Its like all of a sudden you can't think of ONE thing! I have one I still need to do...one of these days.
I remember peoples phone numbers too! Sometimes I try and pretend I don't cause Jake will always ask me for someone's number and after the 125th time, I'm like "I don't know." Ha, nice try! He doesn't fall for it.
I enjoyed learning some stuff about you...these blogs are so great. You can get to know so many more people!

Tawny Antelman said...

ive seen pictures of the TOMBOY stage.. ha and you are not exaggerating about the baggy shirts and knee high white socks with nikes on!! hahaha

Swirls of Happy said...

I LOVE all your facts...super fun! I can relate to the lotioning of the feet....I am a freak about putiing lotion on every square inch of skin after the shower. Thannk for sharing :)

Sheba Price said...

Chelsea, I love the "random" things about you! We all have our weird things and I think you know some of mine. I will have to post a list someday.

I am so freakin busy but I missed you all and wanted to see what was up with my chicka's!

Michelle Y. said...

I am the same way about lotion on my feet. I can't go to bed without it on. My mom makes fun of me because I put lotion on my feet without touching my feet, I just rub my feet together so I don't get my hands dirty. I am a wierdo too :)

My Loves said...

Looks like I never commented on this, but I read it a while back. Hilarious about the gangsta girl. Loved it!!!