Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Good things

So back to the good life... Brayden had a sleepover at his Grandmas house and his Aunt Cede was complaining about making her bed, that's where Brayden was going to sleep. She was begging her mom to make her bed for her. Brayden said, "Cede, I used to tell my mom to make my bed, but now I can do it all by myself, its easy. You just take all the pillows off, then you pull up your sheet, and then pull up your warm bedspread." I especially love how he calls it his "warm" bedspread. So then he came up behind me and whispered in my ear, "Hey mama, I'm gonna do SERVICE." So he ran upstairs to make her bed, so I thought. A couple seconds later he peeked his little head over the banister and said, "uh, mama. I'm breaking my service." Well I went up there to see why he changed his mind, and the mattress was bare with all the clean stuff on the floor. Now I see why he was overwhelmed! He is such a crack-up! I am so proud of him that he was thinking of service at all. He has such a sweet heart. He is such a good example to me!

This is what I got for sneaking into my bedroom to watch the last 20 min of Oprah the other day. Kosty was being unusually quiet, so I had a slight feeling he was up to no good. But I ignored it because frankly I was happy to watch my show and be left alone! About 10 minutes later, he walks in my room with a clinched fist, climbs up on my bed and dumps a handful of white powder right in my face, and then he runs off. AH! So after I dusted myself off, I followed him and discovered him playing in a box of cake mix that he had gnawed open with his teeth. He was giggling and scooping it up with his hands, saying "mmmmmm!" Luckily his nice brother came in with the broom and helped clean it up, because I was too busy taking pics. Now that's priority!

7 comments:

Brittney said...

hilarious.
brayden is so sweet, what good intentions he has.
breaking my service, how funny.
and kosty, boy oh boy, what a trouble maker, lol! there is always something to be concerned about if there is silence for 10+ minutes! your kids crack me up!
brayden is such a good big brother and son, how cute he helps sweep up the mess.

Bekah: said...

i love this story and i am glad you have it in writing to remember. i hope bryn is a responsible big sister like brayden. he is so sweet! these are such funny pics!

Becky said...

Your boys are seriously so stinking SWEET! Just like their Daddy though i have to admit! :) So glad everyone is feeling better! I have only been sick once since i had mylie and it was horrible!

Brooklyn said...

Wow Chels! Poop, then cake mix! you have your hands full! Brayden is so sweet. Whenever he is over here playing is always soooo sweet and quick to clean up the toys. And making the bed! Your teaching your boys well! They are soooo cute. And yes taking pictures is way more important then cleaning! :)

Brooklyn said...

Hey! Love the new slide!

foreveryoung said...

That is the sweetest story, I love the "breaking my service". I'm just realizing that I don't even know if Kylie knows what service means! Next FHE.... That's too funny with Koston, but even though it was a big mess, was it worth the 20 minutes of peace? Sometimes I think it's a sacrafice I'm willing to make for some alone time!

Sheba Price said...

What a great service story and those are the ones you will never forget! Brayden is a cute little boy! How old is he? I have three girls. J/K!! Anyway, for the 20 minute peace time, I say get it while you can. At least it was not paint! Great entry! I'm glad I am not the only one who loves her little 20 minutes of peace.