Sunday, June 10, 2007

Can I quit?

I know, I know that sounds so horrible to say, but you would say it too if you were me this past week! Where do I begin. First Brayden was sick, despite all of my crazy tactics, Kosty ended up getting sick, but of course with something far worse, croup. Now why couldn't have been the same thing Brayden had? Well because that would be far too easy for me. So croup and a years supply of albuterol for his breathing machine later, (seriously when I picked up the prescription I laughed at the pharmacist when she hoisted over the counter a GIANT paper grocery bag full of albuterol boxes. And I didn't even use 1 full box) So croup got better, and then whaddya know, that was too easy, so I got sick. I never get sick. But of course, this is the week from HELL so hey, why not. I felt so awful I couldn't even get out of bed pretty much for the first 3 days with a fever, chills, cough, sore throat, nasty voice (sorry to everyone that was forced to listen to it) all symptoms available? yes please. Although I did peel myself out of bed to make the kids meals, Brayden still kept coming in and asking, "mama who is gonna take care of us?" and "darn that voice!" So mom is incapacitated and Kosty was fine and then all of a sudden he started acting like a CRAZY LUNATIC at bed and nap and not sleeping at all. (just what I needed, thanks sweetie.) so I took him back in and he had double ear infections, one of which was about to rupture. So got the antibiotics and started those. Then he amazingly started sleeping better and it seemed life was headed up. No. I was still on my deathbed and then he got a rash all over his body, they think he is all of a sudden allergic to amoxicillin. Sweet. Perfect. Since that's basically the most commonly used and mild one out there. Awesome. I was so thrilled to hear. So then they switched his meds and now he has this itchy rash so he still cant sleep unless I literally scratch him to sleep. Well after 5 days of my mysterious illness not improving, my ear started hurting so I took myself to the doc (haven't been there in about 10 yrs!) and the doctor says, pharyngitis, its viral so there's nothing we can do. Great, I figured. But I wanted him to check my ear and no that wasn't easy either. He said it needed to be "irrigated" so he gets this sharp metal turkey baster thing and shoots it in my ear (high pressure, cold water) about 100 times. Then he comes over to my other ear and does the same thing. It made me so dizzy I was about to faint so I told him, No more. Anyways, I guess there is a bright side, the kids were very patient. I have very nice friends that offered help. Jer braved the Mount Rushmore laundry pile all by himself. I just cant wait to get my life semi back to normal. I feel like I am coming back from the dead. Sorry to sound so blah. I guess I am worn out. I never realized that I would actually be grateful to physically be able to do dishes and laundry. Well not entirely, but wow, I hope this never happens again!!!

7 comments:

Sheba Price said...

Chels, it sounds like you did have a week from hell! I am sorry to hear that all of you were all sick! I hate when that happens and you totally forget what it was like to be normal again and then forget when your kids get sick! I am the biggest worry wart! I am up all of the time checking if they are all right. I have many sick stories but I will spare you. Anyway, I hope you and the kids get 100% better! Let me know if you need anything!

foreveryoung said...

Okay, now I feel like a really terrible friend b/c I have not done a darn thing to help you in your misery! Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...I hope you're feeling better and I'm really going to try and be a better friend!!

Chelsea said...

jamie your crazy! hello! you offered to take my kid to the library and to your house and to the movies if I didnt come... you did plenty, thank you! like I said I have very nice friends! :)

Brooklyn said...

Oh Chels! I feel soooooo bad for you! There truely is nothing worse then being a sick momma, casue life with kids does not stop. wouldn't it be nice to call in sick?!!!! Please let me help you! I feel bad you need rest! P.S. ypu didn't tell me about the rash! what the heck happened?!

Jaime S. said...

yes you can quit.....for about an hour. Go get your self a mani and a pedi

Brittney said...

oh, man!
what an aweful time for you.
poor yittle yee, all i can say is at least things are starting to look up. geesh!
well, poor kosty, i am also allergic to the "cillin" famliy (amox- and penne-), i get a rash and my hands and feet swell up like balls, its weird, and i hated it! but i take other things when i am sick, its no big deal.
how funny he is allergic too, no one else in our family is besides me and him!

well, i also wanted to say it was nice to hang out with you sat night. i like hangin out with my sis, and it doesnt happen nearly enough. thanks for the talk!

i saw sandy hestand at ryker conway's wife's baby shower on sat. (stopped by to see claire, and melanie, and ryker got big! claire said, isnt he huge? and i said, well, he definatley looks manly! LOL, then they said i was being too nice, but the sad thing is, the conversation was going on right in front of him! lol.
they are having a girl.)
when does she find out what she is having?? geez, it seems like shes been prego for long enough. i bet its a girl, at the shower, there were 4 baby girls all under one year old, there and 2 pregnant women who were having girls too! crazy how this is the year for girls.
why doesnt she have a blog yet? c'mon jenna, your missin out on the addiction!
ok, well, anyway, glad life is looking up, talk to you soon:)

Chelsea said...

oh britt, wow what an allergic family! I get rashes from keflex and bactrim. Weird. Poor Ryker! yah, why cant I have a girl, I guess this was my year and too late for me! Well after this week, I dont think I want another for 3 more yrs! Jenna finds out in July! I'm excited! I did the pendulum test to her & it said "boy" :)