skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Brayden Goes to the Dentist
Yesterday I finally took Brayden in for his first official dentist appointment. I got a postcard in the mail for a pediatric dentist right behind my house and it had a coupon for a free power toothbrush, so when I told Brayden that he would get an awesome toothbrush if he was a good boy, his face just lit up and he carried that postcard around EVERYWHERE for 2 days! Yes, he was excited! The morning of, he climbed in my bed at 7:45 and said, "mama, I want to get dressed & go to the dentist now." Yikes, but our appt. wasn't even until 11:30.
When we got there we checked in and yes, he posed for me (doesn't he look just like the girl on the postcard!?) and then he was in pure rebel heaven with Spongebob (he's not allowed to watch that one) on the flat screen and an X-Box.
When it was his turn, he walked back very confidently and took his x-rays, and then all of a sudden when he got into the exam chair he transformed into a MUTE right before my eyes! In all his life, I have never seen him react so strangely. He straight up IGNORED anyone and everyone. What a strange way to cope with his nerves! Poor guy. But I couldn't
stop laughing at his bizarre silence. (Notice him still clinching that postcard during the exam) I wonder if his past obsession with "Finding Nemo" had anything to do with his fear(remember the dentist office scenes with that clumsy Australian dentist) So I learned that his front tooth is already loose, and "Dr. Happy" (no, really) kept asking me if he had bumped it and I couldn't recall, so she took some more x-rays and then came back and told me there had been "several traumas" to the tooth. I'm not a negligent mom, I think I would remember him hitting his front teeth, especially if it were "several" times! Well now looking back I can VAGUELY recall ONE time he was over at his Grandmas. Anyway, long story short she said he will probably loose that tooth early :( and when he was done,
he got a sticker, some sweet sunglasses, and the grand prize, a green Power Rangers power toothbrush. But most importantly, he was back to NORMAL! Phew!
8 comments:
Ok seriously Chelsea you put me to shame. You are so good about taking pictures of EVERYTHING!!! You would think I would be that way with being a scrapbooker but I am so bad about taking my camera places.
That is so cute that he was so excited. At least he was just a mute and didn't scream or cry. Kelsie was a mess the first time she went. Maybe it was the fact that Brayden got an awesome toothbrush that helped him. I love that he carried the post card around with him. So cute!!
I can't believe he did so good. I am still scared of the dentist. Did you like the dentist? Nate just added Hudson to our dental insurance and I am contemplating taking him. I think he will bite the dentist if he doesn't like it!
I have taken Jerron 2 times and he has yet to get a cleaning. Both times the dentist siad lets wait cause Jerron was screaming and crying!!!!! I still can't believe Bray was excited. Did mommy find her power toothbrush? haha. I still hate the dentist. And very good chels for bringing the camera. Funny story to tell him in his teens :)
thanks Heidi, yes it was a memory I wanted to have pics of, he was so funny. Randi, I LOVE the dentist, are you kidding me?? 30 minutes of laying back in a recliner with no kids bothering me and getting my teeth shiny and new, YES! I LOVE IT! Ha, yes Brooke I did FINALLY find mine today in the bottom drawer in my bathroom- I was so sick of using Brayden's old Toy Story toothbrush!
hilarious story chel
i cant believe he was so silent, at least he was a good boy.
i love his back to normal picture, and whew what a relief... did you ask him later why he was so quiet?
i took libby to the dr today, she has a runny nose, poor baby girl.
her first cold! i wonder if its due to her teething? she is getting a snaggle tooth, the top, next to the big two front teeth, yes the side one, how random?
sounds like you gotta good dentist, i will have to bring libby there when its time, i think brayden is so good because he trusts you and knows that you take good care of him, and so he wasnt freaked out when you went to the dentist. you are good about talking to him about things so he is prepared, i love that!
yes Britt, I did ask him later, and he said he was just so nervous! Sorry I didn't get your message until late last night, poor Libby! yes they do get runny noses when they teethe. Bummer! and strange, a side front tooth, that is random. Usually they get the front ones first! Try to elevate her matress so that her head is angled so the cold doesnt turn into an ear infection! and use a humidifier. Poor baby!
Chels...I am cracking up! Brayden is such a riot! Good for him for going though, and I love the pic with him and his toothbrush and sunglasses.
Okay, his love affair with the post card was cracking me up! And is her real name "Dr. Happy"? My brother was going to be a dentist and he would be "Dr. Jolley", great huh?
Post a Comment