Tuesday, May 15, 2007

ACM Awards!

Yay! The Academy of Country Music Award show was on tonight, and it did not disappoint! I was so happy watching it, there were so many awesome performances! I have always been a country music girl at heart. I was so happy to see Faith and Tim perform, they are both so gorgeous and adorable. Even Reba (whom I am normally not a HUGE fan of) had a great duet with Kelly Clarkson. Big and Rich (also not normally a fan) sang with John Legend, another great performance! its fun to see country music broaden its horizons a little! Faith looked so beautiful and her new song was really good. Tim also sang a new song, and did a tribute to all the fallen heros' families, tearjerker. Rascal Flatts did a song in memory of the Virginia Tech victims. Now you just wouldn't be shedding any tears at a trashy MTV awards show... and thats why I LOVE country!

15 comments:

Brittney said...

well its about time faith looked good again.
i was starting to wonder if she would ever go blonde again, much better look on her.
dangit, i didnt record it, and i surely wanted too!
i agree you would never shed a tear at the mtv awards.
i love your stories of what brayden says to you and cant wait to record what libby will say.
how cute, he loves you so much!

Chelsea said...

I know, she looks way better blonde, another STUBBORN brunette is Cameron Diaz, who also looks better blonde! I'm so excited your a blogger now, woohoo!

Brooklyn said...

Chelsea no wonder where Bray gets that from, "woohoo"! I can hear him saying it! I wiah I would have known! I love them too. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Rascal flats. We listen to "life is a highway". not my fav, but it's the cars song so the boys and I dance to it. Have a good day!

Brooklyn said...

BTW, My kids are driving me Nuts today! I wish Brayden was here so I did not have to play with them!

foreveryoung said...

I'm trying to become a country convert. I've still got a little ghetto hip-hop soul in me from the days of ATL livin :) But it's really not so good when Kylie starts singing "Champagne, livin the life..." G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S

Becky said...

i cant believe i missed it! i am a country girl through and through! i really dont understand when people say they dont like it...honestly how can you NOT? sounds like there was a TON of good performances! bummer. Thanks for the summary though!

Chelsea said...

ha, ha jamie, there is always a battle in my car with music. Brayden hates country and whenever its on he shouts, "BORING!" he prefers hip hop for sure, and as much as I hate to admit it, I really love "Glamourous" too, go Kylie!

Brooklyn said...

I'm with you Jamie! Gotta love Fergie!

Sheba Price said...

Okay believe it or not I love country! Yes this city girl fell in love with it back in the day. It was an old boyfriend who got me to like it. Anyway I love, love award shows and I didn't know it was on. Dang it! Oh Chels I love Reba! She is sooo good! You have to listen to her old stuff to appreciate. But I love all music. I am also with you Jamie, I can't give up my hip/hop, rapping ghetto tunes. I know it is kind of bad of me. Fergie is the bomb, but I was thinking more on the lines of Timberland! Anyway, I like the beat. No, I buy all the clean versions of the songs, don't judge! Oh and Faith does look better blonde. Cameron is finding her latino roots and that is why she went black, although I prefer her as a blond too. Speaking of blondes and all of my friends are blondes which I love, if I had to come back as a blond it would be Gwen Stefani! She is my favorite blonde! Oh and Chels I did cry at a MTV award show at one time. It was when Madonna, Brittany and Christina shared a kiss! I was so disgusted! What kind of world are my girls living in?!

Brooklyn said...

Oh Sheba! Have you heard Timbaland new album "shock Value" SOOOOO GOOD! Gets me going!

Sheba Price said...

Brooke, I did spell his name wrong. That's what happens when I type at 8 AM in the morn. Yes! I love his album. I am making a mix of songs soon so if anyone is interested let me know. It is going to be a little Pop and Rap and Country. Good combo don't ya think?

Chelsea said...

exactly, sheba. that kiss couldn't have been more repolsive. It was completely trashy and tactless! I think that was the moment where I lost any respect (which was 0)for all 3 of them, and whats worse is that Madonna, "the mother" has a daughter thats old enough to know! the things people will do for shock value, is disturbing!

Brooklyn said...

Your black frame looks really good! Yes, good combo Sheb! Everything in moderation!

Ginger John said...

Mmmm I love country music too. I love that it has the power to inspire me, make me feel good again but then sometimes make me cry as well. Carson my 5 year old belts out the time mcgraw song "my last dollar" another current fave in our car is the "Dream Big" by Ryan Shupe. I'm a huge country fan. :) Sorry now I can't help but laugh thinking about the song Ticks. Can't remember who sings it but it is Sooo funny.

Chelsea said...

Hey Ginger, its good old Brad Paisley, he sung it at the award show. And I love his "She's Everything" sooo sweet! Brayden suprisingly likes that Tim song too, he actually requested us to put it on the Ipod!