Sunday, May 20, 2007

A Mini Steve Nash

I took Kosty to this little Gymboree class a while back and he pretty much parked himself at the basketball hoop and was just giddy during the whole class, but I didn't sign him up ($70 a month for 1 class/week) anyways, fast forward...one of our neighbors has a little kid basketball hoop and Kosty just goes CRAZY for it, I mean he seriously dribbles first, then shoots (in practically perfect form), and sometimes even swishes the ball into the hoop! It is so cute. After a LONG time of standing out in the heat while he does his thing, I then have to grab him kicking and screaming all the way home with his stop-sign-red cheeks, yelling, "ball, ball, ball" all the way home. So I decided to get smart and go get him his own hoop! DUH. He played so hard all evening in our backyard (under the patio :) and the next morning I woke to the sound of his pitter patter with Brayden's shoes on, in his pj's, ball in hand, ready to go shoot hoops. He even loves watching basketball games with Jer on TV. It is so much fun when you have 2 kids and you get to see all the differences in their personalities, and their own little hobbies and talents. Oh and by the way, the poor SUNS! dang, what a disappointment, Jer was practically in tears over their defeat.

Oh yeah, I forgot to post these pics when we went to the Desert Breeze park in Chandler a while ago, and it was really fun! Its like Freestone, but much better. It has a way cooler train and longer ride, and a little water squirter park, merry go round, and swings, and ducks on the lake.






Brayden has been sick the last couple days, and it seems to be getting worse. He has a tight cough and last night he woke up at 4 am with a fever and coughing so hard that I had to do a breathing treatment. So there went all of our plans this weekend, we wanted to go see the new Shrek but didn't want to spread any diseases! Bummer. And right before his preschool graduation. I sure hope he recovers QUICKLY in the next 4 days. Poor guy, I am trying to keep him "quarantined" on the couch with constant water and juice, and a blanket over his mouth when he coughs, and keeping him FAR AWAY from Kosty. One sick kid is no fun, but 2 sick kids- MISERABLE. He still has his wit though. We were telling knock-knock jokes last night and I said "Knock Knock." Bray-"who's there?" Me- "Justin." Bray- "Justin who?" Me- "Justin time for bed!" (lame, I know) Bray- "how bout Justin Timberlake?"

14 comments:

Brooklyn said...

I'm glad your kids know who Justin T is, becasuse Mine LOVE his music, especially Ky, and dance like crazy! Cute pics of Desert Breeze! When did you go! I wasn't invited! Bummer! Sorry about Bray! No fun to be sick. I called you Sat. Have a good night

Chelsea said...

hey, Jer and I took the boys on a Friday a few weeks ago, he took the day off. Just a last minute family thing! I know, Kosty will start dancing from a dead sleep in the car if he hears Justin Timberlake!

Brooklyn said...

OH! How Fun! Lucky! I wish my Hubby we take a day off! I can't wait to take the kids.

Swirls of Happy said...

How sad about Brayden...hope he feels better soon! I am just waiting for the first time Bentley is sick, I will freak out and take him to the hospital I'm sure. Anyway, stinks about the Suns, Jason was practically crying too! Very cute pics by the way and your hair is so long (I am totally jealous!!!) Have a fun day :)

Brooklyn said...

Yes, jealousy on my end too. Chelsea will always be the one with beautiful long blonde locks. Thats why she is a headband model! Even though I have been growing mine for 3 years!

Heidi said...

That park looks like so much fun. I love that dolphin. Marc was also so bummed that the playoffs are now over for the suns. Hopefully next year they will stay in a little longer. Looks like your little Kosty is going to be a Basketball player. He is adorable shooting those hoops.

foreveryoung said...

Last night was fun, thanks for coming! I forgot to comment on Brayden's joke, very clever! And I don't feel too bad for blasting "Glamorous" with my kids if you're playing "Bringing Sexy Back" (or whatever it's really called), ha! ha!

Becky said...

CUTE! i love that you call him mini nash. He's got the nash hair and all. :) what a cutie! that park looks great! we need to go there sometime!

Chelsea said...

HA HA Jamie! yes, I know Sexyback has to get the boot when my kids are in the car! Becky- yes lets go there sometime, we'll have to go early before we burn in the inferno! And you wanted to come back to this heat!?

Becky said...

Great bunco last night Chels! :) Had a alot fun and love my prize! Share your recipe for your panini sandwiches. YUMMY! :)

Swirls of Happy said...

Ok, I hope your not mad, but I stole your Blake Widgit! I hope he wins tonight :)I love his beat boxing (reminds me of JT)!

Chelsea said...

Yeah Brittney, I'm TICKED about the widget, how dare you! :) Poor Blakey.

Brittney said...

all i know is, who is this heidi character?
i have never seen such a creative talent in all my life!
she is so crafty, if only i could be, and she has 2 kids, and one on the way?? wow, i need to step it up a notch.
is she the one that does the vinyl lettering, and made some of those things you had at your house around the holidays?
if she ever does a craft day, please invite me to come along, she could totally charge money for teaching classes, does she?
anyway, kosty is so cute with his basketball love.
thats so great that your boys are so different from eachother, i cant wait to see what the next one will be like for us.
i bet he/she will be a little terror, they say if your first kid is good, then get ready for #2.
lol, too funny about him sleeping and jammin out in his sleep! lol:)
i hope bray is feeling better, poor lil buddy.
i need to come over to your house so you can help me with my retardation, i mean with my blog.
i want to add music, and family and friends, and it seems i cannot do it without your assistance.
talk to you soon!

Brittney said...

yes do share your recipe for your panini sandwiches!
do you have a panini maker? what do you use?
:)