Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Hello, Robin


WOW. I guess that should sum him up. Did anyone catch Robin Thicke on Oprah? I sure hope so. He has a beautiful voice and whoa, he's a stunner. He writes songs and plays piano too. I was impressed. But not to worry, he is taken. Married to an equally gorgeous girl. And when Jer came home, I just had to google him so he could feast his eyes upon my new innocent crush. Talk about a secure guy, he not only admitted to his gorgeousness, he even smiled at me and told me he thinks it's so cute that I think Robin is so cute! Now I consider myself a pretty secure girl, but I'm not sure how "cute" I would think it was if I found Jer googling some celeb and practically drooling...

16 comments:

Becky said...

i am sad to say i missed that one..but yes he is a looker. Jer is so funny...i can see his smile as i read what he told you! he is a funny guy!

Brittney said...

ok, we must be on totally different wave lengths here.
i would disagree with you about how cute he is, his eyes are pretty, but um, dont like the scruff. also, i like his one song, but he tends to sing in a higher key than my liking.
he did well on oprah, but did you see how sweaty he was after? then he hugged oprah, i wonder if she was grossed out! LOL! too funny.
and yes his wife appeared with him on his "lost without you" video and she is beautiful!

Brooklyn said...

Okay! I am agreeing with Chelsea!!!! Yes, of course your friend Brooke caught Oprah. (Like I would miss it)! He can play the piano, writes his own music and can sing in practically the soprano range! LOVE HIM!!!!! have you heard his main song "lost without you" I downloaded it on my ipod months ago. He is definetly on my celeb "list" if you know what I mean... And I LOVE the scruff!!!!! Yummy!!!!

Brooklyn said...

By the way, he is the son of ALAN THICKE

Swirls of Happy said...

Yes, so delicious is he!!! His wife is the girl on the movie "De J'Vu"...so pretty! I wish I would have seen Oprah!!!

Sheba Price said...

Chels I think he is a very good singer but I can't get over that he is Alan Thicke's son. I watched way to much Growing Pains when I was young! If I can get over that I think he is kind of good looking. Although, I think his wife is very beautiful! Maybe I need to watch Oprah to get the full affect.

Heidi said...

He is pretty cute. Marc thinks it is so funny because I think Mathew Fox is so stinkin' cute.

Brooklyn said...

OKAY! I downloaded the ENTIRE album from him today on Itunes!!!! AMAZING!!!!! I listend to the whole thing through while I paid bills, The songs are so good and Pharell did some with him. EVERY single song is good. Go get it.... seriously if Bo sang this way to me geeze.... ONly in my dreams "teach you a lesson is really" pretty

foreveryoung said...

I had never heard of him until I saw Oprah, and I have to admit that at first I thought he was gay...I couldn't tell in that one song if he was saying "would you love me 'boy'", or "would you love me 'more'". Ha!ha! But once I found out he was married, he was much cuter!

Chelsea said...

yes (my sis britt) we ARE on totally different wavelengths, and like we said "agree to disagree!" He is so cute, although I dont prefer scruff on my own man, it looks good on him, and trust me Oprah did NOT mind the sweat, she loved every minute of it, ha, ha.
Brooke- I know I heard that the whole album is great! Sheba- I know, but you have to get Alan out of your brain! and yes you needed to see Oprah to get "the effect." Jamie- gay?? come on! he is so studly. Now you see it though, right?! :) I loved all the different responses from yall though! :) (even tho I was sure it was UNANIMOUS!)

Brittney said...

fine, i will give his cd a listen.
but i will never think he is hot stuff, he looks like mike seaver. LOL!

Brittney said...

i mean dr. jason seaver... mike was kirk cameron. ok, enough of this!

Brooklyn said...

You all are hilarious!!!!

Chelsea said...

Oh Ta-b, must you be so stubborn? oh yes, you will try it and you will like it, you will see!

Brittney said...

OMG!
so now i am intrigued by this guy.
so i googled him, and there is a woman who blogs about robin thicke, i just thought her comments were funny and had to share them....


Robin Thicke's Race? Wife? Lyrics? Dad? Hot, hot, hot and still hot!


by Paula Neal Mooney

I feel like the last person on Earth to finally figure out who Robin Thicke is.

His 'Lost Without U' song from his 'Evolution of Robin Thicke' CD drew me away from my gospel channel, compelling me to absorb the falsetto lyrics with wonder:

Baby you're the perfect shape
Baby you're the perfect weight

Is that a man singing?

I asked myself, before feeling like a fool falling in love yet again.

You don't want this guy
You don't want that guy

Okay, Robin Thicke is a brotha, I naturally assumed. One harkening back to the height of Maxwell, shouting out an ode to D'Angelo with his "how does it feel?" hook.

Treat me like it's my birthday
I want it this way, I want it that way

Then I caught the tail end of Robin Thicke's Today Show performance, actually just the interview seen in this video.

Aha!

Something finally clicked in my brain, after all these months of making a mental note to "Google Robin Thicke" every time I saw the 30-year-old's name displayed on my minivan's panel.

Robin Thicke is a white boy!

And not just any white boy, but the son of Alan Thicke -- hence the familiar spelling of the last name.

So my gut is still reeling after finally watching the hot video of Lost Without U, which I wasn't even going to link to until I discovered that the woman in the Lost Without U video is none other than Robin Thicke's wife, the enviably gorgeous black actress Paula Patton.

Watch for Paula in upcoming This Wednesday movie trailers.

I'm so jealous. They're so gorgeous together.

And how the heck did Alan Thicke's son get so much soul?

Anyway, he's beautiful, she's beautiful, his dad's beautiful, Robin's music is beautiful -- he and my namesake will make beautiful babies.

Ginger John said...

He is definitely a WOW. I can totally go for the scruff look. I don't know that song I will have to go check it out.