Thursday, November 7, 2013

first day of school.



reality started to hit when I got this list from Brayden. He is a healthy one. 
then the night before school and they got their Father's blessings. 








Kosty wanted to be prepared so he wore his clothes and socks and shoes to bed. I had to take off the shoes at least, it was killing me. (Little did I know this would become his nightly routine-no more pjs, only school clothes to bed! :/)



he searched long and hard for his perfect backpack. 







HA. Only close up I could get. I still love it.










"NO MORE PICTURES!"

Brayden woke up that morning and said he felt like he was going to throw up. Then he started crying about missing the first day. I couldn't believe it either, out of all days!? Such a bummer! So I took Kosty outside and it was too bright hence the squinty eye pics, which are cute anyway so I had to put them up. I took Kosty to school and when I came home Brayden was looking alive again. He ended up being totally fine and started jumping up and down to 'prove' he wasn't nauseous anymore. That proved it for me, cause non nauseous person would ever jump up and down. So I took him to school late. What a weird morning. First day of school is always bittersweet! Brayden got the teacher he always wanted to have for 5th grade, but all but one of his friends are in the other class. Kosty got a lot of friends in his class, so he was happy about that. Kosty noticed backpacks when we were in CA and decided he had to have one with "real leather." He is more picky than any kid in the ever. So he asked me to google this particular backpack he wanted and then when he realized they were pricey, he said, "Ok, will you type in Herschel backpack clearance?" Little does he know I would have paid anything at that point hearing after hearing that. Love this picky bargain shopper. 

1 comment:

foreveryoung said...

I don't know what it is about your boys, but I love absolutely everything about them. All their funny quirks, their perfect hair, those summer tans, and all that personality. It's all just too much.