Friday, November 1, 2013

carlsbad.





 my mouth: its not spit, its rubber bands. this was during an extremely painful styling/detangling session that they seemed to thoroughly enjoy. 



can't go to carlsbad without doing some strawberry pickin.










at our favorite pizza place (That Pizza Place) 

its always fun until you get out. 
after

I've been working really hard on my yoga handstands and I got my longest ever on the beach. 30 seconds. Feels like 30 minutes when you're upside down. 

I'm the only one of the four who enjoys catching sand crabs. Brayden would run and scream when I came near him with one. 






















another thing I loved about Carlsbad was that it felt like real life almost, because it was a neighborhood instead of a beach city. My favorite thing to do was run down the beach in the mornings and I was happy to find barre class nearby too. I'd always wanted to try one. It was crazy hard and Im sure I had the shakiest legs in class. 


I was so looking forward to my annual pedicure (ha. seriously) but I was super bummed that the place right by the hotel had no good colors. I settled with this electric blue but didn't even like it until the boys noticed it matched their shovel perfectly. Also, why do I get pedicures and then go to the beach? hmm. 


Brayden decided on the last day that he wanted to take real surf lessons. He was pretty grouchy about it too. We told him we would have gladly checked into it at the beginning of the trip. He was obsessed about it and wouldn't stop talking about it. Jer took him a few times but it wasn't enough I guess. We promised that next year we would put him in a surf camp at the beginning of the week. 











one morning the boys joined me on my run. They were such good sports wearing their flip flops since thats all they brought. They kept up too. But we made a pit stop at the beach and played a while. Jer was back at the hotel, working, and Kosty was pretty sad about that. So he traced an "I love Daddy" with his picture into the sand. 






Brayden drew his comic characters 


Kosty picked every kind of flower he saw that morning and made me a big bouquet. Ohhhh. This whole morning was probably my best memory from the trip. Kosty "happy danced" down the sidewalk, Brayden was cracking up at a song I made up and danced to, and the weather was so gorgeous, the beach was so perfect. 

my brother and sister were in Huntington so we met up with them for a bit before we drove home. Oh and of course, we had to stop at Balboa candy.





3 comments:

Cede said...

I seriously loved ever picture in this post! Hope my babies love the beach as much as yours do!

foreveryoung said...

ahhhhhh...perfection. You're inspiring me to get out and actually play with my kids instead of just sitting on my towel taking pictures! I think I look forward to your beach trips as much as you because I love reading about them. Such seriously fun family memories. Kosty looks just as adorable as we imagined he would in the H&M store when you bought that shirt and how did I not know about the Balboa candy store?? Impressive handstand, now you've given Kylie a goal to work towards because she can't let a 30 something mom of two beat her :) And I would tell you that vacations should be a vacation from exercising, but a morning run at the beach sounds amazing.

Michelle Y. said...

I'm SO jealous of that yoga hand stand :)