Wednesday, May 23, 2012

spring breakers.

what the peace sign. this kid kills me.

park hopping.

We put in as many kids as we could fit into the tornado simulator

cosmic bounce with friends & cousins.



picnic in the park.


one sure way to his heart.





riding down the freestone hills.

Freestone train.

Costco lunches.


Kosty finally struck the ticket jackpot! He's never gotten even close to this many.

peter piper with the Mcconkies.

yogurt jungle.

cousins at the park.

Poor aunt stef--she tries. She's just way too affectionate for his type.


Yep. Just now blogging spring break. Holy slacker. I actually am way out of order now, but realized I never included these, so oh well. Spring break highlights: Cosmic bounce at Bounce U, Freestone, picnics, parks, visit from Aunt stef, cousin time, tornado simulator, lunches out, mall, yogurt jungle, peter piper, friends over, etc. Towards the end, we started to get a little bored, and so I had a random idea and told the boys to load up in the car. I told them it was something we've never done, something outside, something close, etc. Gave them a bunch of clues and they were super excited that it was a surprise mostly....I drove them around to 10 different parks all within a 3 mile radius. Park hopping. At each park, I said ready set go, and gave them 3 minutes to play. They thought it was the coolest thing EVER! I thought so too because it was close, it was simple, it was free, and I got to relax in the car and watch their happy faces. I love when the most simple things turn out to be the most memorable. Doesn't happen often enough, but always so glad when it does.

1 comment:

foreveryoung said...

For a kid who doesn't like taking pictures, Kosty sure is hamming it up! Judging by his smiles, it looks like another successful spring break. Love your park hopping idea, I'll have to remember that if it ever gets below 150 degrees again.