Wednesday, May 23, 2012

thirty.











Turning thirty was my favorite birthday yet. I always feel so thankful for such nice people in my life and this year was another reminder of how lucky I am. I decided since you only turn 30 once, I wanted to get a little spoiled, and so I booked a massage for the morning of. Also a pedicure, lunch dates, dinner dates, family time, jer time, friends luncheon, shopping, food, amazing homemade cupcakes that I could have died eating, drop bys from friends, treats at the door, heart warming cards, texts, and phone calls. Gosh, I just love getting old. Can't wait for next year! Oh and I must say, after seeing the excitement Kosty had for Jer on his birthday, I wondered how he would be on mine. Lets just say, I got nothin...except for a "oh, its your birthday today?" no card, no hug, no love at all. I was kind of hassling him all day about it. At the end of the day, he pulled a present from the table that I hadn't even noticed had been sitting there all day. It was wrapped in plain white paper and taped up with plenty of scotch tape. Inside was this beautiful Lego heart. Sweet boy. It was sitting there for who knows how long while he endured lots of hassle from me, and he never even mentioned it. This boy teaches me lots of lessons in patience. 

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy 30th!! You look great! :) I think i know a girl in the pic with all the ladys. the one in the middle. She looks like a lady at the gym i go too! :) Hope you enjoy your 30's! They are fun!

Lynsi said...

Happy 30th! Sounds like you had a wonderful day, love the little lego heart story, so sweet!

foreveryoung said...

You, my friend definately deserved a day {i mean month} of pampering. You make 30 look fabulous and Kosty with the lego heart. Seriously?! Happy birthday, so grateful for your friendship!