Monday, October 10, 2011


Brayden has always slept with his eyes slightly cracked open. So funny.


Found this fort in my closet, full of Kosty's favorite books and toys.


So, this might not be normal, but I get extremely SAD when I watch old home videos! That should not be a sad thing, but I can't watch one without getting all teared up and sappy. These were clearly taken after such a night. I kept thinking as I was watching one year old Kosty who talked so adorably, cuddled with this blankie, talking about how "Dr. Patty" was fixing his ears (chiropractor) while he was chubby and innocent, and covered in bubbles in the bathtub-- Did I really soak those moments in?? And if I did, then how come it seems like millions of years ago? Why can't I remember vivid moments like that in my mind? how come I can't hear their little voices and what they used to sound like? truly heartbreaking. 


I felt the need right then to go and kiss them and take a picture of what they look like when they are sleeping. I just can't imagine not having all these blog posts and the videos that we do have. I get so mad at myself (and jeremy) for not recording something, anything, every day or every week at least! Home videos are GOLD! Worth more than anything! Those memories are so precious. Kids grow like weeds, in the blink of an eye, something we hear SO often, but so true. Life is always in fast forward. 


I love these boys to bits, and when I went into their room that night, I kissed their giant heads and thanked the heavens that I am the lucky one that gets to raise them. I feel so honored that I want to burst. 

4 comments:

Jaime S. said...

tender. i know what you mean.

Brittney said...

i know how you feel!! burst is a good word for it. lucky. grateful for them. thanks for reminding me to video tape my babes more!

foreveryoung said...

I hope those boys know how lucky they are to have a mom that loves them so much (well, atleast one of them knows that :). I know what you mean the blog books are priceless, but just the other day I was thinking how sad it will be to not hear Maddox's squeaky little voice and funny words anymore. Need to dust off the old video camera!

Swirls of Happy said...

I get the same way! I always cry...even when I look at old pictures of the boys so little. These moments are so precious!!!!