Thursday, September 29, 2011

kosty ties his shoes.




I'll admit I wasn't pushing or even suggesting this kid learn to tie his shoes. He is a hard kid to teach, easily frustrated & discouraged, and such a perfectionist. He is super hard on himself too so if it doesn't go well, he will let it pretty much ruin the day (for all of us). When he got a new pair of shoes, he asked to learn and Jer was up for the challenge. He has a simpler way of doing it for some reason that I just don't get. When he got the hang of it, we were all excited and of course he was acting annoyed by us all and like he could care less. The next day he woke up and tried, and couldn't get it. Then he asked me to show him the way Madison did it, which was a funny way that I had never seen done before her, but he got it! now that is his preferred way, and I'm glad he can think of Madison when he ties his shoes everyday. 

Won't that be a cute story to share at their wedding, Lori?

3 comments:

foreveryoung said...

Way to go Kosty! I finally sat down and taught Jayden before school this year, it was about time.

Nichols Family said...

Sooo cute! :) I love those shoes!

Kelly said...

Wow! thats great! Such a task to teach our kids to do the "simple" things.. Not so simple for them. :)