Kosty knows how much I love a bean & cheese burrito, and he tried the school burrito and said it was delicious so I told him the next time they serve it, I'm coming in to eat with him. Today was my lucky day. When I saw it on the menu, I asked him if I could meet him for lunch, and he gave me a quiet yes through gritted teeth. (pride is his game)
I showed up as he was walking in the lunch room and he pretended to not see me. So I walked right along with him, through the lunch line with my burrito tray, and followed him like a puppy dog all the way to his table. He was sitting on the very edge and laughing with his friends. I walked up, looked over my tray at him, and asked if he could scoot over so I could sit down. He glanced at my tray and then glanced over at a far away table and nodded his head in its direction..."you can go sit over there."
I was such the part of a nerd trying to eat at the cool table!!
Luckily, as I was about to squeeze my way into the cool crowd, a lunch aide informed me that the adults may bring their child and the child may bring one friend over to the "visitors table". Phew.
He ended up acknowledging me a little, and while he didn't admit he loved my visit, he did say YES I could come again.
Oh, and the burrito was fantastic.

2 comments:
ahhhhh! That Kosty knows how to play hard to get! I'm glad you got your lunch date and you didn't even have to smuggle in taco bell.
OMGosh. the picture on the right looks exactly like you. weird. and i cant believe the school burrito was fantastic!?! I wouldve loved to see you following him through the line, and him ignoring you. lolol. sad, but also funny. his hair is looking long and adorable.
Post a Comment