Brayden: Mrs. Hufford said that she loves to watch how the other kids follow what he says and does. She said that his love for journaling seemed to make journaling "cool" and now there is a group of boy journalers in the class that are now just as excited as he is about them. She said that she loves how even though a lot of things they do in class may not seem like a challenge, he will modify things on his own and get more creative and detailed with whatever it is. She said she loves reading in his journal and thinks he is hilarious.
Koston: Mrs. Wilson said that Koston is very attentive and an extreme perfectionist. (no surprise) She said that in their "free" journal writing, he will try to write a sentence but will erase it if its not looking right, and then he'll move on to the picture and skip the writing. They only have "free" writing on Fridays and so I was able to look through his journal and on all of those entries I could see where he wrote "I wint.." and then erases it all. Kinda heartbreaking to see. She said that a lot of the younger kids in the class are drawn to him and that she can tell sometimes that he is annoyed by all of them. When I told her that he throws books at home when he gets to a word he can't read, she was shocked, and couldn't imagine it. Its so funny how different he is at school. She said he loves to answer questions and participate, and that he's not afraid to give an honest answer. Like when she asked him if he had a fun play date with one of his friends, and he bluntly replied, "no." She also commented on his maturity compared to the other kids in class. She said, "sometimes I feel like he is a mini teenage boy surrounded by 5 year olds." She said that even other Kinder teachers have commented about him and that he seems like he should be on the beach with a surfboard with his hair and his teenage mannerisms. Made me laugh because at home he is known for thinking and acting like he is too cool for most things...I guess there are a few themes that are carrying over from home to school. (lets hope he keeps fooling her in the other areas)
I always love hearing what teachers have to say!

No comments:
Post a Comment