Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Six.


"I'm Finally SIX."

So we had his friend party 4 days before his real birthday, and so it seemed he got extra spoiled because of it. He woke up to a few presents on the table and got to request his most favorite breakfast in the whole wide world. He chose two mini loaves of homeade white bread. Thats Kosty for ya, Mr. Particular.





holy legos! (and only one set was from us. He sure got his fill.)



His real birthday was during Fall Break, so we had no school & a full day of pampering the Birthday King to fill. After breakfast, he wanted to build some of his new lego sets, so we did that for about 3 hours. Then he requested to go to Grandma's and swim. Being October and all, I told him it was too cold, but he insisted. Then we went to Krispy Kreme and walked around Toys R Us. His dinner of choice was ChickFila, and lots of family came to join. He got even more legos. Then we went home and he said he didn't want a cake because he was full. I felt a little bad about not singing to him and doing the whole thing on his real birthday but I was wiped and agreed. Right as he was getting ready for bed, he mentioned something about him waking up and wishing he would have had a birthday cake/candle thing. I started to feel bad about it too, but didn't want to make a cake, so I whipped up a pizza cookie. We sang and he blew out his candles, and it felt more complete. Ok so I see that we spoil these kids on their birthdays,(and not in the gift sense) but I always think to myself, "it only comes along once a year..." 

Some things I want to remember about Kosty at this stage:

 He wakes up every morning and goes out into the family room, picks up the big white fuzzy blanket and lays under it, on the carpet right under the TV watching cartoons. He asks for scrambled eggs and toast pretty much every morning. He refuses to eat with any utensil anyone touches but him. He still hates shorts, but will wear them occasionally on the weekends, but NEVER to school. He buys hot lunch everyday because he kept coming home with a full lunchbox and claimed everything "tastes like the plastic bags." He loves to do things as a family. He gets irritable when Brayden is gone, and he would rather do nothing if it means going somewhere with just me. But he loves when the 4 of us do things together. He loves paper airplanes, and he spends hours sitting with his paper airplane book, testing out different styles. He cracks me up with his precise folding and exact instruction following. He turns everything into a paper airplane: gum wrappers, money, napkins, school work, kleenex, giant posters, you name it. The other half of his free time is (of course) spent on legos. His creations are currently taking over our entire family room. He also loves to put the sprinkler under the tramp and get wet while he jumps--this is a part of his daily routine. He is the first one at the dinner table every night and he won't touch his food until a dinner prayer has been said. He also won't go to bed without family scriptures/prayers. I'm thankful for his vigilance. He always takes his plate to the sink and says, "thank you for this dinner mommy." He is a perfectionist, I know I have mentioned...but he struggles with the process of learning things like riding his bike and reading because if he can't do it perfect the first time, he gets angry at himself and gives up. This one is a toughy. He is very good with money. The first thing he does when he gets money is put it in his underwear drawer and refuse to spend it. He is a little saver, thank heavens and he totally gets the concept of delayed gratification.(Hopefully Brayden will learn from him in this area, that kid spends every cent as soon as it hits his hot little hand). He is still not big on affection, but will come to me if he's hurt, scared, or cold for some momma love. He is athletic and flexible, loves doing flips, backbends, yoga poses, and has cute knack for breakdancing, which he rarely shows anybody but its so awesome when he does. And he loves playing catch and kicking soccer balls, but refuses to sign up for any official sports. He is darn cute. His hair is so blonde that it looks like its glowing at times. Its so soft and shiny. I love when he moves his bangs over to the side to get them out of his eyes. I always dreamed of having a little girl that did this, but I'm pretty sure its even cuter to watch him do it than I ever pictured with a girl.

He is the most determined kid I know! He is bound to get what he wants from life. We sure LOVE you Kosty!



1 comment:

foreveryoung said...

I loved reading about your little Kosty. He is one of a kind and I LOVE it. Happy lego birthday to him!