 |
| with Sister Garrison, their primary teacher |
We had to say goodbye to one of our favorite families a few weeks ago. Brayden and Alex were best of buddies. They lived one street over from us. Brayden and Alex were in the same Pre-K class, Kosty and Madison were also in the same Pre-k class. Kosty and Madison first met when they were just 1! Their birthdays are just a few days apart. Its hard to believe that they were both crawling when we moved to Blue Ridge Way. We had countless play days, birthday parties, "late nights", soccer games, carpools, park days, field trips, and giggling in the backseat doing homework together. So many wonderful memories with these kids! I liked to call them the 4 pack when they were all together, they got along so well. Alex and Madison are two angel children that I LOVED having over because it gave me nice break and kept both my kids entertained and happy. I also loved calling one house and getting a friend for each of them to come play.
Now for a really sad story: When I first told Brayden that Alex was moving. We were on our way home and he mentioned something about playing with Alex. I had just found out they were officially moving to California, so I decided I just better tell him so that it didn't come as a surprise later when Alex mentioned it. Right after I told him, there was complete silence in the car. I turned around right as he got his breath and started sobbing. We got home, and he barely made it to his bed where he just collapsed in tears. I told him to just let it all out. He really did. It was hard to watch his first ever heartbreak. I've never seen him so upset, and pretty soon I was crying right along with him. After he calmed down, I told him that I was about the same age when I moved away from my very best friend. We started writing letters and saw each other every summer. I still have her letters. And we were very faithful pen pals. We continued writing up until 9th grade. And now we are Facebook friends :) He felt a little better knowing that they could write and keep in touch, and we are just so happy its just to California, where we happen to visit every summer.
We had one last day of fun with the Glazier kids at our house and then a little family park night to say goodbye. So glad they are not going too far!
3 comments:
I was 8 when we moved from Maryland (and away from my best friend, Chelsey) and we talked on the phone, wrote letters, and kept in touch for a long time. But, it really was heartbreaking for me to lose her! Poor Brayden, he's such a sweet heart (and SO tall! Is Jer really tall?)
What a great tribute to great friends. I can't believe how much they have changed over the years, those pictures are priceless. Great friends are irreplaceable!
what a sad story! poor bub. i cried just reading this.....maybe its really super sad, and maybe its 2:14 am and I am just finishing my homework and want to cry! lol. at least you are gonna see them again. what a cute family they are. its sad when friends move!
Post a Comment