We met some of our "old neighborhood" friends over at our new neighborhood park and Brayden wanted to bring one of them home to play. Then he looked around at all his buddies and said he didn't want to disappoint anyone or leave anyone out. I agreed, and so they all came to play at our house. They discovered quickly that it was harder to find things to do for so many but they had fun. I love having their friends over. On the very last day of Spring Break, Brayden was over at a friends house and he was climbing up their trampoline ladder. Somehow it unhooked and either he landed on it, or it flew in the air and hit his head. We aren't really sure how it happened, but he managed to split his head open. I felt so bad for my friend, she was so sweet to calm him down and start cleaning up his matted-bloody-hair head. Luckily, we were right by the Dr office so I ran in there really quickly. It was 15 minutes past their closing time, but I just wanted someone to look at it and tell me if it was worth a few hours at Urgent Care to get stitches. Dr. Mueller was standing there filling out paperwork and even though it was past quittin time, she gave me the ok to bring him in and look at it. She took him back and numbed him up and gave him 2 staples to close it. She was just the sweetest and most patient Dr. ever. She even had her mom in town visiting and asked her to take over her daughter's cheer practice carpool so that she could stay and help us. I was so grateful, especially since I knew the alternative was to spend hours in Urgent Care. What a wonderful lady! |
2 comments:
I am so glad Brayden is feeling better. I always hate the Urgent Care. I used to go to the one by Power and Queen Creek (by Home Depot) and it was like an Emergency Room, I would always have to wait for a few hours. Now I found the best Urgent Care, called Urgent Care Express on Lindsay and Williamsfield, I rarely have to wait and it is so fast, I highly reccomend them :)
I still think you should have gotten a picture of the staples. Although I probably wouldn't have been able to look at. He's much braver than me! What a cute group of boys, it's fun to see them all grow up together. Can you even believe Brayden was in preschool when you moved into this ward??
Post a Comment