One of the things to do on our Spring Break list was a family hike. The kids were more excited about it than they were about any of the other places we went to. I've been whining to Jer that I really want to make an effort to be more of an outdoorsy family, so when my friend told me about the {kid friendly} Hieroglyphics trail in Gold Canyon, we made the trek. It was such a beautiful day, warm with a cool breeze. I loved it so much. The kids loved it too, there was no whining or complaining. It was a lovely day.

Can you spy a Brayden?

Notice the hieroglyphics behind Jer here. There were a ton of them, really cool to see.
Kosty found a cozy niche in this smooth rock wall and relaxed in the sunshine.
I thought they were crazy to go inside this cave, it was deep, and very dark in there.


9 comments:
what a fun hike!!! tell me where you went, we wanna go too!
I'm so glad you were finally able to go on your family hike, despite being on your death bed the week before. Kosty's got the right idea, getting a nice little tan on those rocks!
How fun is that?! I hope I can remember that one for when Cohen gets old enough. I just love days like those. Nothing is better than seeing your kids have a good time. Brayden is going to be as tall as you soon! Crazy
WHat a fun hike! The Wind Caves and Peralta are also other awesome hikes over that direction! By the way, I wish I looked that cute while hiking! Glad you guys had fun!
OOOOHHHH, we're gonna have to check that place out sometime. It looks beautiful! We love to go on family hikes too, but we're not always good about making them happen. This place looked like a new, fun, change from the local San Tan Mountains. Thanks for sharing:)
i want to be an outdoorsy family too. very cool.
Geez...you are hiking for crying out loud and look perfect! Do you ever have ugly days? Looks like a lot of fun!
Looks like you guys had a fun time....I wish i was a hiker but I am with Jer on that one...I am not into hiking, kevin would love for me to be so maybe you and Kevin can take the kids hiking while Jer and I drink our soda and watch TV!!
yep, I want to know how to get to the Gold Canyon hike! I'm glad you are feeling better, I forgot to ask you how your TONSILS are. Still in your throat I presume!? You look like you are having a great time in the outdoors. You are a beautiful family.
Post a Comment