Brayden was so thrilled and so was I, when he came home with a "Character Counts" award at school. An adult staff member has to catch you doing something with "character" and turn it in. He said he was sitting quietly reading a book in the office one day after school when carpool was running late. Proud of you Bubba.
Two weekends ago we finally made it to the Temple lights...I'm so glad we made it this year because we didn't end up going the last 2 years, actually since Kosty was born! Terrible. We did the tour in the Visitors Center, watched the Luke 2 movie, and walked and walked.
This cracked me up! We were at the mall and Kosty sat down and put the manequin's arm around him, and I went to take a picture of it, and suddenly Brayden jumped in as the manequins stand-in head. He looks like such a midget! it was so hilarious, and even funnier that they thought of it on their own!
And last but not least...
We got a surprise package on our doorstep from the North Pole, it was our own little elf and the "Elf on the Shelf" tradition book. Every day "Elfie" sits and watches the kids behavior and at night when they go to sleep, he returns to the North Pole to give Santa the report. In the morning they get to go find where he has landed, since he lands in a different spot every time. I'm so excited to start this tradition! they love it so far! This morning Brayden rushed into our room and asked said that Elfie flew away to the North Pole. I told him remember you are supposed to search for him when you wake up, and he said, "But it will be funner with Kosty, and he's not awake yet." Awwww. Finally they found him in the chandelier, that sneaky little Elf.

4 comments:
What a cute tradition to help enforce the good behavior :) El & I were just talking about what traditions we want our own little family to start. The mannequin picture cracks me up. See you in a few min at Clay & Janet's.
I love the elf and the book... that is one thing that I look forward to starting when Brax is a little older. And it is so funny to see Kosty coming out with this personality.. he was so shy and timid for so long, I love it!!
That manaquin picture is totally cracking me up! It's kinda creepy how realistic Brayden's looks. It's kinda depressing that Christmas is over, but you did good to pack in lots of fun memories for your kiddos!
So cute guys! The mannequin picture rules. See you in Sunbeams :) or :( ????
Post a Comment