Monday, December 1, 2008

Utah- day 2- Thanksgiving

On Thanksgiving, we woke up, got dressed, and enjoyed our hotel's free breakfast. Thank heavens for that, the kids (and I) are so used to eating first thing in the morning. Then we had some fun going fast over "tickle hill" and then going to the cemetary to visit Jer's grandpa's grave. Brayden was extremely excited about his first cemetary visit, no joke, and he had the time of his life. He asked if he could "dig someone up" too. Yikes. Then we went back to Grandma Judd's and Kosty had a blast playing floam with Bompa.Brayden's first cemetary visit
Grandpa Figgins grave
playing floam with Bompa-Jer's dad

Then we headed to "Moccasin," I don't really know where that was, but there was a stake building there and that is where we had our first Thanksgiving meal/family reunion. That was with the "Figgins" side of the family and very extended family. Most everyone didn't know who each other were, but Kosty got up on his chair and did his famous dance for them all anyway.




Later that night, we drove up to Uncle Chris' beautiful cabin. There was a ton of snow! The kids were elated. Aunt Jeri read a book about the Nativity story by the big windows, and Santa Claus came walking up while she was reading. Then he burst through the door, and sat down and handed out gifts to everyone. It was really magical, and he looked very authentic. Brayden was not shy about sitting with him and telling him that he wanted "Webkinz" for Christmas. Kosty was nervously playing with his lips the whole time, and when it was finally his turn, he sat on his lap, and stuck out his big lips and looked like he was going to start balling. The more we all watched, the bigger the lips got, the weepier the eyes got, so finally Jer went and helped him tell Santa what he wants most of all, The Harry Potter DVD Collection.

Then the kids played in the snow, despite the fact that their hands were freezing because their loser mom didn't pack mittens. Brayden got to play ping pong and a card game with his cousins too. This was the highlight of the the trip!Defrosting their hands after some snowball fights

Brayden hangin' with the big kids on the way back from the cabin. Notice the ipod in one ear.

10 comments:

Tawny Antelman said...

BRAYDEN is getting sooooo biggggg, i cant believe itt!! So crazy!!!
You guys look like you had some fun, FREEZING fun that is!!
I really had a good laugh at work when i read the part about how brayden wanted to dig someone up... he would regret that desicion eventually!


about twlight.. well i know a few people that have gone and seen it and not read the books, YES you can still see it, you wont be lost, i think you will enjoy it! But I dont know everyone is different with this movie! I really liked it and i have read the books so i donno? The movie is only for the FIRST book only, twlight so YOU could read this book in less than a week for sure!! Just wanted to make sure u didnt think the movie was for the whole series,only book one (twlight)
Let me know what u decide!?!?! :)DOOOOIT

Bekah: said...

I have a confession, I rarely remember to check your blog because it is private. BUT when I do I am always happy because you always have a good post with good pictures to accompany it!

That is a HUGE boot to fill but Brayden is the kid to fill it. He is great. I laughed thinking of him so excited to go to the cemetary. Was it all he had hoped it would be?

Jen H. said...

It sounded like you guys had a great thanksgiving. The snow looked so inviting! I'm jealous for a couple of reason and wished I could have joined your family for thanksgiving. ;)

Elliot and Cami said...

So Brayden looks SO old in these pictures. Glad you guys had fun. We missed you at Janet & Clays though! Janet made such a yummy thanksgiving dinner. I was so impressed!

Anonymous said...

oh the xsi is amazing, that was my first camera... its such a good camera to begin with. it will always take good pictures, i think you would be so happy with it. the 50d is a lot of camera, i think any setting you would use on the 50d is already included on the xsi. just make sure you get a canon lens.
BUT you guys should check out circuit city, all the stores are closing and they have some amazing deals.

let me know what you get!

Jenna Lee said...

It seriously looks like such a fun trip...I wish we could take a winter trip somewhere and not just our annual beach trip!! And I love that Santa came... so fun!!

Jenna Lee said...

It seriously looks like such a fun trip...I wish we could take a winter trip somewhere and not just our annual beach trip!! And I love that Santa came... so fun!!

Brittney said...

wow! what fun:) brayden does look so old sitting with the big kids in back. and no mittens? how dare you! at least he still had some snow fun. we missed your family at thanksgiving around here but sounds like you made some fun family memories.
i cant believe kosty STILL remembered to ask for the potta dvd collection! he was so obsessed with it that day at target, cute little kosty, you have them already! lol.

Brooklyn said...

Such a fun trip! Love all the pics! Sounds like yall had a ball. So glad you got to go. Jer would have been sooo excited for the cemetary too (Boyz huh)?!

foreveryoung said...

That does look magical, we may just have to book our next Christmas vacation at Uncle Chris' cabin. And you're not a loser mom for not packing mittens, my kids don't even own any!