Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Utah- day 3

Kosty and the "hair rubber"

After breakfast, we went to Denny's Wigwam, a tourist shop. It had a ton of animals that were stuffed hanging on the walls and just statues of them. Brayden, being the animal lover he is, had a hard time with that one! He said, "did they really kill these animals just to hang on the wall?" I had to tell him that those animals were surely dead long before, and they just decided to stuff them and hang them so they could remember how beautiful they were ;) He took that better. The kids were each allowed to pick one souvenir, Brayden picked a fancy rock collection, and Kosty picked an overpriced rubber snake.




















Kosty thought this chair looked a lot like "the Scream Extractor" from Monsters, Inc. (one of his favorites)

I thought it would make an awesome "Naughty Chair."




Later we went to have another Thanksgivin
g/family reunion with the Judd's side (Jer's moms family). There was a lot of down time and the kids had a blast playing outside for hours. The weather was beautiful that day because it finally stopped raining! Everyone surprised Grandpa Judd with a new recliner for his birthday. Oh, and they had a talent show. Kosty was happy to oblige with his dancing skills yet again. He kept going and going. This kid is hilarious because he is the shy-est kid in the world, and wouldn't talk to anyone, but yet he never even hesitated to break down at any given time in front of everyone!

Brayden and Aiden















lil' Zoe



After some swimming in the ho
tel pool, the kids were thrilled to see that "The Elves" had made a visit to our hotel room, and left a note and some gifts on their bed!

5 comments:

Tawny Antelman said...

soo.. i wanna know where you got your white cardigan sweater from.. i love it, i love these sweaters, easiest and most simply outfit to pick out, throw on a shirt and throw this over it and it makes it cute!!!

Please share if u dont mind... unless its really old!? ha

Swirls of Happy said...

So glad that you guys had a blast in Utah...love all the pics, such a cute family you guys are ;)

foreveryoung said...

Wow, I feel like I was right there at the Figgins/Judd reunion with your great day by day recap. I love your elves idea, I may have to steal it. I'm glad you convinced Kosty to swim at the hotel, but it tickles me pink that he wanted to swim at my house :)

Chelsea said...

Target Tawny...where else? ;)
I got it a while ago in the little girls section. They are cheaper there! A little secret of mine.

Nichols Family said...

That's soooo funny that Brayden wanted to dig someone up in the cemetary! As for the stuffed animals...I believed in "jackelopes" until I was a teenager. Scary.