Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Kosty's Birthday







Kosty's real birthday was on Conference Sunday. We made him his favorite breakfast of all time: 3 whole-wheat pancakes and OJ with 3 candles. After the first session, I had to get my this little birthday boy outside to do his favorite things, ride his bike, his skateboard, and play with his (pencil) wand. Then after his nap and the second session, we had our family over for a little party. Well, maybe not so little! Our family is huge.











He has matured SO much since his party last year. Last year he was so painfully shy that he wouldn't even smile, he wouldn't say thank you, and he growled when we all serenaded him with the Happy Birthday tribute. This year, he was so happy, friendly, he thanked everyone, and he even sang along with us before he blew out his candles. What a difference a year makes! I was so proud of him!

















Opening his NEW wand, and trying it out! he was extatic!















he finished off the night with one more piece of birthday cake before he went to bed, and a picture with all his new toys!

10 comments:

Brittney said...

it was a huge improvement from last year! he was so happy, and talkative, he is growing up!! cute pictures of him on the bench:) it was a fun partay! good times had by all, that picture of the family couldnt be any blurrier/white eyed/awful! lol...too bad it didnt turn out better, that was a good shot, and yes the family is huge, and that wasnt even everyone!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

OHHHH MY GOSH GIRLFRIEND. WHAT A PARTY!! Can i just tell you that Mr. Messy will LOVE that Elmo puzzle book? We stole it from my sisinlaw and my kids are obsessed with it! Okay seriously your boys are BEAUTIFUL. Those eyes- and Kosty's hair is so awesome. I don't know if I could ever have the guts to keep growing my boys??! But when I see it on little boys...I love it! You look darling by the way...

Swirls of Happy said...

What a cutie pie!!! He gets cuter every day...you better lock him up when he is older, the girls will be coming his way ;) Glad you guys had a nice bday party, very cute pics...love your outfit! P.S. That Elmo book is really cute, I bought it for Bentley (only I do the puzzles while he hands me pieces...he is still too little...hehe)! Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KOSTY!!!

Jenna Lee said...

So fun!! The banner turned out way cute, and the pancakes sound so good right now, and love seeing all of the family... it took me forever to realize who the extra was (Stephs boyfriend) so when are they getting married?? And I also can not believe how long Justin's hair is can I please take some scissors over and cut it while he sleeps, it reminds me of my brothers when we were in high school and scared of him!!

Chelsea said...

seriously jenna! you don't know how much I wanna chop it in his sleep. I tease him that he could be my twin if he got some highlights. NOT cool.

Anonymous said...

He is adorable! And I always love your birthday entries. You are the sweetest mom and I love to see what you write! Looks like he had a great b-day and I'm glad it well!

foreveryoung said...

He's one lucky kid to have so much family around to celebrate, my kids would be jealous! Atleast he was able to appreciate the crowds this year and there was no growling involved. Nice job on the banner, it turned out so cute. Hopefully you've recovered from the farm trip and managed to get the stinky cow smell out of your clothes :)

Bekah: said...

chelsea the more i read your blog and the more i get to know you you amaze me. you are so talented. the banner is adorable, everything...you always look fabuloous and are a great momma!!!

looks like he was sufficently spoiled. love his happy eyes getting his wand!

Alisa Larson said...

Your little skater boys are the cutest!

harmon family said...

He scored BIG with his B-day presents. He is an adorable little guy...something about blonde boys:)