Sunday, February 16, 2014

Koston's 8th.

















I'm laughing as I post these, look at the kid's poor face! So, my sister n law offered to take his 8 year old baptism pictures at the temple. I remembered there was a cool, woodsy location behind our house and fearing we would be short on time at the temple, I voted for the closer location. Little did I know what was about to transpire....
As we were setting him up and she started to take some pictures, he was super smiley and cooperative and everything was going great. I asked her to get some close ups, and as she moved in, a big angry wasp came up and stung him right on the nose. It must have been painful because he's been stung by a bee before, with no crying and hardly even a reaction. But this was screaming and crying and really intense. I scooped him up and my heart was racing because he was holding his eye and we thought it stung him in the eyeball. Once we finally got a look at it, we saw it was the top left of his nose. We rushed home and put some ice on it and he went to his bed, broken hearted. When he got up 15 min later, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at his sad little face, eye swollen shut, and face SO puffy. That's how I felt for the week while it healed, always on the verge of laughter or tears...he just didn't even look like the same kid, at all. But life went on, and he had a "friend" party at the Power Ranch pool/park. The boys swam, fished, played at the splash pad and playground, climbed trees, ate pizza, and opened presents. We celebrated later with our families with some Oreo cake and ice cream. He asked for a set of black and gold scriptures, a Voldemort wand, and a Minecraft guy. When he opened his scriptures, his face was priceless...even with a swollen eye. He hugged them tightly and said, "They're amazing." 

1 comment:

foreveryoung said...

Poor kid! It does make for a good story at least! I love that he is still into Harry Potter, I remember how he would sit with Jeremy's dad and watch them when he was just little and I vaguely remember the ongoing search for a specific wand?? So wish Jayden was part of the party crew, sniff, sniff. And it makes me happy to see cameo appearences of those holiday printables I gave you :) Happy birthday to Kosty!