Monday, July 8, 2013

snow trip.








































We took our first snowboarding trip as a family in February too. There are times when I am grateful for a small family of four and that the boys are older. Snowboarding as a family was for sure one of those times. Jer was patient. Very patient. The boys and I stayed on the bunny hill all day long. Jer stayed with us until I demanded for him to save himself, and ride the real mountain ;) There were plenty of frustrated moments and nothing is quite as awkward as trying to help your kid while you can barely help yourself. And have a huge board attached to your feet. Brayden was feeling (too) confident and for his first ride down, he didn't want to wait for all the instructions and advice. Before we realized what was happening he was speeding down, way too fast, and had no control once he reached the bottom. He wiped out two kids. We watched, horrified, but weren't able to do anything but yell desperately from the top. Luckily, the kids were ok. But Brayden wasn't too pleased with himself. 

Kosty ended up doing really well, and even felt confident enough to ride the lift all by himself. He never once fell getting off the lift. I wish I could say the same. Although I have been snowboarding once before, it was a very long time ago, and I think I was much better my first time than my second. Kosty burnt out quick. He wanted food. And to go back to the hotel. We were happy with our decision to buy half day passes that day. Whew! It really was a fun day, but it wasn't easy. 

We were happy to go back and sit in the hot tub at the hotel and grabbed pizza for dinner. The next day, Jer had to work from the hotel so I took the boys sledding. We found the perfect spot. A big steep hill that had years of sledding tracks, and lots of fluffy snow at the bottom. We spent hours sledding, snowball making, snowman making, and walking around in the forest, ooing and ahhing at how beautiful the winter scene was. One of those days you want to freeze and never forget. 

No comments: