Jer is really the nicest. REALLY, TRULY the nicest. I got braces for his birthday--nice. And he just told me I "wear them well". We had talked about a couples relaxing resort weekend for his birthday but our friends invited us snowboarding last minute and even though he LOVES snowboarding, I knew he was more looking forward to the resort weekend. Snowboarding when it involves just him and people who know how to snowboard, FUN. But that's not us. We're the 3 who trip all over him and stayed on the bunny hill the entire last trip. Its work for him. BUT. I insisted this time to go and play like he used to do. No messing around with the rookies. He finally listened. And had some great runs. I love seeing him snowboard. He's just quietly awesome at it and never shows off or brags. Kosty had an off day (ha!) but once he talked me into buying him a 10 lb hot dog at 10 am, he perked right up. (and ate the entire thing too- as I watched and was just a little selfishly thinking about how there was no way his tiny body was going to digest it, and how I would have to see that thing come back up) Anyway, he tried his hardest to look as miserable as possible in every picture he could. And succeeded. He's moody, straight up moody. But when I told him to take a break as long as he wanted, he did and then hopped back on the lift. Brayden's friend, Ethan, decided his sister's pink pants fit him much better so he wore them and didn't bat an eye as he told everyone, "pink is the new black!" I hoped my boys would take note of his confidence and that he never once got embarrassed about the bright pink pants. Brayden and I finally made it off the bunny hill--well Brayden did way before me, and he had some very frustrating runs. His board which is borrowed from his Uncle is a little too big and a little too fast and after so many falls, he got a bad headache. Some points of the day all I could do was laugh at the miserable faces on these boys. When I finally made it up off the bunny hill, Brayden and Ethan came with me and coached me down. Brayden had a really good last run with no falls at all, and with him turning around every 5 seconds to check on me, it was really impressive. I'm so glad the last one was a happy one. After a long day, we went to the cutest little log cabin restaurant that my friend Amanda had been craving since the night before when they ate there. It was the perfect little place with hearty comfort foods and they even brought Jer his favorite, a big slice of apple pie a la mode. But, being Jer, he maybe ate one bite as he insisted everyone at the table try a bite. Or two.
I still owe him a resort weekend.







1 comment:
He is the nicest (and I can't help but think of the stale sandwich you leave outside the door when he has a migraine, haha! classic). Despite the tears and falls and the birthday pie getting eaten, it still sounds like a pretty good way to celebrate a birthday!
Post a Comment