Wednesday, April 18, 2012

jer's 32nd birthday.

6pm bedtime












Jer has been talking about getting an iPad since they first came out. He has been saving Apple gift cards from Christmas & birthdays since then too. It was pretty convenient that the new iPad was scheduled to release on his actual birthday, and he and Brayden made plans to camp out in front of the apple store. I thought it was just a little crazy and unnecessary, but I wasn't going to stop them. Brayden was thrilled about it, and made a strict bedtime for himself at 6pm so that he would be ready to go at 5 am. The kid does not mess around when it comes to getting his full nights sleep. He was a man of his word...I went in to check on him and he was snoring by 6pm. Later that night, Jer found out that people had started lining up at midnight, and he panicked. I was sure that 5 am would be plenty early enough but he didn't want to gamble. So, he woke Brayden up at 3 am and told him that he decided to go earlier and that he understood if he wanted to stay and sleep longer. But nope, Brayden popped right up, excited & raring to go. They brought blankets and snacks and watched videos and played games on jer's phone to pass time. Surprisingly, they both said there was not a minute of boredom. At 8 am, they were finally able to get their hands on the much anticipated iPad! Such a fun memory for them both. 


Oh, and I must mention that Kosty woke up so giddy that you would have thought it was his own birthday. He was smiling and bouncing around the house talking about Daddy's birthday and then he whipped out the cutest card all before 8 am. I don't even think I've seen him this excited on his own birthday, or Disneyland, or legoland for that matter. I tried so hard to capture his priceless smile but since he couldn't hold still, all the pics turned out blurry. You can see it well enough though, and I would like that face burned in my memory forever. When Jer and Brayden got home, Kosty presented his card and gave him the best hug ever. What a lucky guy, that Daddy.

2 comments:

foreveryoung said...

Oh Brayden and his beauty sleep! Too funny. What a fun memory for them. Kosty, Kosty, Kosty...lucky dad, indeed.

Kelly said...

Happy Bday! He looks like a big kid!! :)