At Donuts with Divas...the new, cheaper, (and slightly more ghetto) alternative to Muffins with Moms. Darn budget! The principal asked the kids to give their moms a big hug and Brayden just looked at me awkwardly. Darn.
I awoke Mother's Day morning to Brayden standing over me asking me what I like most for breakfast. I told him pancakes. He was quick to respond with.."just wondering. we're not making breakfast for you or anything." 5 minutes later, he came back and asked me if the griddle needed to be cleaned and what I clean it with. And again he added, "not like we need it or anything.." 5 minutes later, he returned and asked me, "what do you do if the pancake mix is kind of runny? not that we are making pancakes for you or anything.." I was laughing so hard at that point, tears were streaming down. 5 minutes later......SURPRISE!! I got pancakes in bed. Who woulda thunk?
This got me all choked up. Its been so long since I mentioned wanting a new camera. What a sweet boy to remember and to give me his dollar as a "teeny push" towards my camera fund. He is just soooo unbelievably sweet.


4 comments:
Oh, I love your stories about your boys. "...not that we need it or anything..."
Also, donuts with divas has to be the WORST NAME EVER. Sorry.
Oh my gosh, are you even kidding me with that card?? and the dollar?? and the teeny push?? Seriously, where does that kid come from? I think you can forgive him for not hugging you in front of his classmates :)
that is the sweetest card ever!!!!!!! kate and jamie said it all!
Awww....that card!:)
Post a Comment