Kosty and I went on our first real date ever. Sadly, he has always rejected the idea. He would rather do anything else than be alone with me. He always asks if Brayden can come too or if he can go with Daddy instead. Feeling just a bit desperate, and knowing that he had almost enough money saved to buy a super cool Lego set, I bribed him with a date no 5 year old boy could possibly refuse: Chick Fila, the Lego Store (with purchase), and Fuzziwugs candy store. I knew that would get him. He has been working his teeny butt off doing extra chores and even doing chores at Grandma's house (whose pay is much more generous than mine). He saved and saved. His goal was the Lego fire rescue boat, and he got it. I need to include a picture of it now that its built. Its pretty sweet. I treasured every moment of our date. Too bad it won't be more than once a year. Cause I know I can't keep buying giant lego sets. So, it was fun while it lasted sweet boy.
On a side note: I couldn't help but notice how different my dates are with Brayden. Brayden opens doors for me. Says please and thank you. Holds my hand. Compliments me. Is thoughtful and kind. Kosty groaned when I asked him to please open doors for me. He walked ahead. Refused to hold my hand. He did say please and thank you, but it was a clear glimpse into the future of the kind of boyfriends they will be. Kosty will drive girls completely crazy. But they will only love him more. He plays hard to get. Brayden will be so sweet and affectionate that it will backfire on him at times. Some (dumb) girls like a challenge, but he can't help it. He wears his heart on his sleeve.

2 comments:
So cute! My little Ryker just recently got really into Leggos. it's so funny, he always played with blocks, but never leggos. So now that he is 6yrs old he is obsessed with leggos. too funny.
Sounds like a perfect date! You are a great Mother!
hahaha! That Kosty is something else...atleast you found the way to his heart. I'm sure he had mounds and mounds of fun that next time you won't even have to bribe him :)
Post a Comment