Sunday, November 28, 2010

brayden's baptism
















Brayden got baptized on November 20th. It was a very special day. This past month has been so rewarding to watch him prepare for the big day. He was even more kind, even more obedient, stopped complaining about church, read his scriptures every morning, and we spent a lot of time going over packets and discussing baptism. He was really excited for it to come. It was so special seeing him in white, singing a sweet primary song with the other kids getting baptized. He had some great speakers that really spoke from the heart and had everyone tearing up. I couldn't stop smiling and my eyes wouldn't stop filling up with tears. Afterwards, he was really excited that the whole family came over to eat and celebrate. It was a perfect day. I asked him to record his feelings about it on his blog (and in his baptism book) and he did. Click here to read it.

5 comments:

foreveryoung said...

Aww, what a handsome boy! I'm glad his day was so special, sorry we missed it :( So nice to have your family all together. Can I put an order in for a sugar cookie and mint brownie, I'm drooling.

Bekah: said...

What a special day! He is such a special kid. You are a wonderful Momma. I can only imagine how wonderful and emotional it must be to see your first born baptized.

Kelly said...

What a SPECIAL day for him and you guys as parents! It is so special seeing your husband baptize your 1st born! I remember that day so clearly for me! You and Jeremy are glowing! Congrats for doing such a great job raising your son! You 2 are amazing parents.
Please share were you got your skirt!! I love it. black and white is my fav!

Nichols Family said...

I'm so sad we couldn't be there but I'm go happy everything went great! So proud of him. Your family looks great! :)

Brittney said...

it was such a special day. xo