Sunday, June 6, 2010

Having kids with minds of their own keeps you humbled. Brayden is a very sweet child with, I feel, very divine intuition. He hates to hurt feelings and he is very sensitive and insightful. Today at church he pointed two of my spiritual flaws, and one is that I don't bear my testimony. I only bear my testimony at the end of a talk or after my baby is blessed...so its been a while. I feel guilty because he also has stopped getting up to bear his and its hard to encourage him to do so while I remain sitting every fast Sunday. I really try to share my testimony during FHE but I seriously dislike doing it in church. I need to get past this. I need to get up and not cry. I cry every time I get up there. Which is the main reason I don't want to get up. I know this is a problem with a lot of women, right?? Any body have great advice for how to get over it? I feel about this big today.

6 comments:

Elliot and Cami said...

Ummm I feel even smaller because I DID bless my baby today and didn't get up to bear my testimony! I planned on it, I wanted to, and it didn't happen. Excuse #1- there was a long, long line because my bishop's daughter just found out she has a brain tumor and everyone felt inspired today. Excuse #2- I got up to say the prayer at my niece's baptism yesterday and Cohen freaked out because I left him behind. I was worried of a repeat.

My excuses didn't ease my guilt though! I guess next month is my month. Maybe it will be yours?!

Chelsea said...

cami, lol...um sorry didn't mean to make you feel worse! glad you feel my pain though, I got the fast beating heart, sweaty palms, all of it just like I was really gonna do it, because after he said that, I really thought I might...but I made 100 excuses and sure enough- time was up. I should've just done it since I already had all the obnoxious symptoms...DANG.

Brittney said...

the only cure? take deep breaths, and focus on NOT crying. plus, the more you do it, the more you wont cry. its nervousness AND the overwhelming feeling of the spirit so strong is why i would imagine i would cry (since i dont remember the last time i did this!) have jer make a silly face in the audience so you wont be nervous. hows thursday for thrifting? i forgot the boys are out of school now.

Stefanie said...

don't worry a lot of people have this problem, including myself! but i heard the more you do it, the less nervous you are.
thrifting? i wanna go!!

Kelly said...

I FEEL the same way!! And I got all worked up to do it this sunday, cause like you I only bare my testimony when my babys are blessed! But I chickened out, it doesnt help that im in a really HARD ward, with not to many friends, so I dont feel super comfortable! But im in the stage right nowm were I need my testimony to grow and get stronger! So i have strong feelings that I need to do more to let it grow! And im a hug cry baby when i get up there, and my mind goes BLANK! So maybe next fast sunday! Im glad you feel the same way I do! You are an inspiration! Wish I was in your ward, and we could do it together! :)

Were do you go thrifting?? Are there any good antique thrift shops around here??

Randi said...

Someone in my old ward once said "You shouldn't say you are shy or are scared of public speaking because it really means you are to prideful and worried about what others will think of you and not what our Heavenly Father thinks of you." It burns to hear it but it was true for me! Don't know if that helps but good luck, it happens to all of us!