


I got to go to Women's Conference at BYU this past weekend. What a good time! It was my longest trip away from my family, and I don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing but it was pretty easy to leave this time! I knew my kiddos were in good hands and I couldn't wait to experience Utah for my first time. (I don't count Kanab, fyi) We flew in late Wednesday night and went to our lovely cinder block cells (dorms). It was freezing, and snowing. We never went to bed before 2 am (and it was pretty hard to fall asleep period once I found out my roomie was a sleep "stander" and my roomie next door was a sleep "screamer"...not the best thing to hear two blood curdling screams at 3 am especially after your roomate tells you of an attempted murder on campus that happened just weeks ago). It was a fast paced schedule, up early, shower with one bathroom & six girls, eat a granola bar on the way to devotional, RUN to back to back classes and then end with a devotional. I couldn't help but be jealous of the cute little college kids with their backpacks & innocence in this mountain enclosed beautiful scene of a college. I really regret missing out on the whole college experience and I really hope my kids want to & get to enjoy it. The Utah scenery was SO gorgeous. Never did I know why/where the song "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree" came from, and now I do. We had some nice dinners and even snuck in a late movie one night, so it wasn't all work and no play. Saturday, most of our group had an earlier flight and some of us had a late flight so we went up to Salt Lake and toured Temple Square, the church history museum, the old and the new conference centers, the distribution center, and the cemetery where so many prophets were buried. I was amazed at the detail and woodwork of all the church buildings that have been around since the 1800's. We ate lunch at the top of the Joseph Smith building and we got a little personal concert in the Tabernacle from a nice organ player. I just loved this trip and feel so lucky to have so many lovely ladies in my ward as friends!





11 comments:
Seriously, you didn't even mention the almost 911 call? And your welcome for not hoovering over your bed while sleep walking, eeek!
How fun for you! I think it's important to get away every now and then so you know you have an identity outside of being "mom." I LOVE LOVE LOVE Utah and miss it!
Someone in your ward seriously named their baby Liv on the same day we did? I thought I was the only one with the weird love for that name! :) I wonder if they delivered at Gateway too? That is crazy!
What a fun, fun trip. Thanks for capturing it! I NEED your pictures. Leave it to this crazy girl to forget her toothbrush AND her camera. (What else is there???) I laughed OUT LOUD at the part about your roommate & next door roommate. I don't think I'll ever tire of that story.
Ha! I can't believe I slept through the screaming but woke to the thud of her falling off the bed! Good times! Beautiful scenery it was over there too. Still trying to convince my kids the trees ARE REAL. So glad you got to go tour SLC on Saturday.
How great you got away to Womans Conference! Looks like a fun group of girls and a great trip! Love BYU, we bring our kids to tour around campus when we're up there, hoping they'll be cougars! Glad you got away!
i'm moving there just for the colorful tulips and awe-inspiring snow-capped mountains. say what you want about utard...it's beautiful!
so fun...I still can't believe it was your first time there, I have even been a few times so that is saying something!! I hope i get to go to women's conference next year..I have always wanted to go!!
Well besides that I feel a bit of jealousy everytime I see an adorable picture of you with your boots on and I feel envy... I remind myself that I shall not covet.. haha! You are too cute and we couldn't be friends if I really felt that easily jealous! Loved that you came and had never been to Utah!
i love utah. (and byu!)
i'm coming to town this weekend (sans husband) for a wedding and some shopping. (work clothes) come with me?! please, please, please?!
text me. 480.766.6747
It looks like so much fun!!! Do you even not look totally gorgeous?
I meant ever
Post a Comment