Thursday, March 4, 2010

I need to record my frustrating moments more. Not that I want to dwell on them, but they are a part of life. I was furious with these boys today. There is a neighborhood t-ball league going on and they refused to go to practice or be a part of it. I slammed my door and put myself in a time-out after yelling at them and calling them 'ungrateful brats'.

"I used to BEG my mom to sign me up for things!" I told them. Why should I have to BEG them to sign up for fun things? Not cool. Later, Kosty slammed his door and I had to go apologize for my terrible example and tell him its not ok to slam doors... I shouldn't do it, and neither should he.

Goodness, parenting is tough sometimes. That's all.



5 comments:

Brittney said...

LOL! I cant believe you shared your story....as true as it is, its hard sometimes! Libby told me today: "DONT KAKA ME WIKE DAT!" i told her, YOU DONT TALK TO MEEE LIKE THAT! but thats another example of how they repeat what we do. sorry for your troubles today, may tomorrow be a better one! oh, and i would make them go.....at least one time.

Anonymous said...

AMEN to that!! I slammed my door the other day and with in the hour Kale had picked it up! It's inevitable and I agree...it is just a part of our lives:) You're a wonderful mom....

Lynsi said...

I love love love that you put yourself in a time out! That is hilarous! Good thing the good moments with kids outweigh the frustrating ones. We always say over here...good days and bad days!

foreveryoung said...

You know how I feel about this subject :) You take the good and the bad, but you're still an amazing mom!

Bekah: said...

Amen! Good to read a post like this every now and then.