On Brayden's actual birthday, I did the whole bring treats to school thing, and then took him straight to the bowling alley. We bowled two games with Zach and Grandpa and then played in the arcade for a while. Then he chose Subway for his birthday dinner and then we went back to our house for cake and presents. I thought I did a good job trying to cram everything in after school...

Zach won this huge, obnoxious pig from one of those claw grabbers! After all these years of me telling my boys NO to those machines because they're a waste of money and NEVER work, Zach had to go and prove me wrong. In a big way. :)




The next morning, it hit Brayden hard that his birthday was over when he woke up to the leftover mess and suddenly meaningless decor. He started balling his eyes out, he was so hysterical that he couldn't even talk for quite some time. Then he finally told us how upset he was that his birthday was over and that his party was so much shorter than Kosty's and that not as many people came. Oh, it broke my heart! Its so hard trying to coordinate these two birthdays within weeks of each other. But I did my best, next year we will do things differently, just not sure how!


2 comments:
you did a great job mama. he doesnt know it but he got the better birthday....yah maybe not as many people came, but he got to bowl, AND have subway, AND take treats to school, and SOME family came for it. yah, good luck next year!
happpppy bday boyfriend :)
I cannnnt freakin believe how big he is and how old he looks, still shocks meee!!!!!
The family pic is cute of you 4, and your shirt is adorable, I want it :)
Post a Comment