"Mommy!! You look SOOOO pretty today with your hair, and your adorable sweater. " -Brayden
"not even SATAN himself, could refuse to smile around your signature chicken." -Brayden
"Bubba! That is SO notcool.com" -Kosty
Me: "Stay little, a little longer, ok?" Kosty: "Sorry Momma. Just 5 more weeks!" (till he turns 8)
"Daddy! Take me to your bed." Jer: "why?!" Kosty: "cause I wanna get in that cozy thing!"
"Brayden, that is so ON the hook!" -Kosty
"Everything is something." -Kosty
"When you think about it, it's impossible to think about nothing." -Kosty
"Hey yo mommy, that ice cream was off the hook!" -Kosty
(sitting down to dinner) "This looks amazing, mommy." -Kosty
(Brayden noticing a bridal shower invite on the fridge) "Oh phew. I'm so glad its not another baby shower. Its just not fair that all these other people get to have babies and they just keep cutting you in line! And then you go and always buy them a nice little gift and you just keep getting cut in line. Don't you ever just want to ATTACK!?"
"Mommy, you are like the nicest person ever. I feel like I might cry tears of joy because you are just so nice." -Brayden
(holding my hand up) "Mommy is a really good person. You got a good one right here, Daddy. You picked the right one out of the batch." "and this one doesn't have an expiration date, unlike that other one you had." -Brayden
(during family prayers) Brayden: "...and please bless mommy to have a good birthday tomorrow, we love her so."
(brayden asked me to pick out his outfit) me: "I really like the stuff you've been picking out lately, you've got good style." Brayden: "No way, you are like the queen of fashion, look at this cool striped shirt, and this fancy shiny little belt! And your khacki little pants!"
"Don't worry Mommy, everything will work out all nice and shiny." -Brayden
(me noticing kosty not himself) "Whats wrong with Kosty today?" Brayden: "He's wrong every day."
"Mommy! LETS GO!!! It doesn't matter about your STYLE!" -Kosty
"Mrs. Boyd has a big poofy piece of hair right in front. Then the rest is straight. (giggles) It actually looks REALLY good!" -Kosty
(me asking how chores went) Kosty: "I cleaned the whole room. Brayden laid on his bed and read a book. And then he took all the credit."
(Brayden watching me fill out the 'tip' portion of his haircut receipt) "Mommy, you're a good person."
(kosty sitting down to his favorite dinner) "If I could put this in a bag and SAVE it, I really would." (he loves to save his favorite things for as long as possible)
(came out of my room in a sweatshirt and yoga pants) Brayden: "Oooh mommy! You look like a teenager!" Kosty: "I like that jacket its my favorite part." Brayden: "I like your hair and your face. That's my favorite part."
"Mommy you look really pretty today. I mean you always look pretty, but you just look really pretty today." -Brayden
(the 4 of us attempting to share a slice of choc silk pie at a restaurant. Kosty took a bite and then observed that we were all putting our germy spoons back into the pie. He set down his spoon and quickly declared, "I'm OUT."
(I pointed out a cute girl in his class) Brayden: "Yeah, she's cute, but her eyebrows are way too bushy." Me: "WHAT!? what do you know about eyebrows, and why do you care?" Bray: "well, they are a very important feature on a face."
(me screaming at the top of my lungs when I woke up to a cricket crawling on my feet) Brayden runs in and says, "ARE YOU PREGNANT!!!???"
Brayden: "98% of songs are about love." Kosty: "and thats why I like rock & roll." Brayden: "and thats why I like ACDC."
"I always wonder why we call people 'strangers'. They aren't strange, we just don't know them yet." -Brayden
"I just want a baby so bad I could cry!" -Kosty
Passing the blue wasabi, Kosty asks what wasabi is. Brayden: "Wasabi is a very spicy condiment."
Brayden noticing his cousin Mazzy's new dress, "She's all gussied up and ready to go!"
"Why are you mad at me Dove?" -Kosty (noticing my strange silence when I should have been mad at him)
"TAKE YOUR PILLS OR YOU ARE WASTING YOUR MONEY!" -Kosty (quoting Dr. Yau)
(giving advice to sick Dad) start by taking some vitamins, then take a nice hot shower, and then go to sleep laying on the unstuffy side....and these are Brayden's nasal survival tips." -Brayden
"So...Daddy downloads his DNA by kissing you?" -Brayden
Kosty: "Brother Straub is the best teacher ever because he always gives us treats!" Brayden: "Well don't come cryin to me when you're all flabby and out of shape."
"tyler's mom is RICH. She has an ice machine, a mile long back yard, and an electric scooter." -Brayden
"Talking to you (aunt stef) kind of feels like I'm talking to Zoe." ( Zoe is 4 years old) -Brayden
Me telling the boys to get jackets on. Kosty: "Mommy, we don't need jackets because we are MANS!"
Me telling Brayden, "I'm sorry you're sick buddy, what would make you feel better?" Brayden: "YOU."
(me talking to Brayden about our anniversary trip) "Sooooo. How much is this costin' us exactly??"
"I just wish I could be Kosty for ONE day to see how hard his life is or how easy and fun it is." -Brayden
"Ok, its time to let the fists do the talkin! Say hello to KNUCKLE and BUCKLE!!" -Brayden "fighting" Kosty
Brayden whispering a few days before Kosty's birthday, "Mommy did you get Kosty any presents yet?" Me: "No" Brayden, wide eyed and gasping, "WHAT KIND OF A MOTHER ARE YOU!????"
(listening to the radio in the car) "Daddy, can you PLEASE change the station. This song is SO last year." -Brayden
"if we go all of 2012 without a baby, can we just adopt someone? like an 8 year old boy?" -Brayden
Me asking if Brayden needs help taking off his church clothes.."Mommy, NO. I'm a full grown, mature MAN now."
(kosty opening his chick fila nuggets) "MMM! Come to PAPA!!!"
(walking in to grandma's house on sunday afternoon, uncle zach napping on couch) "What is Zach doing just slacking off on the couch when he could be preparing for college and his mission?!?!" -Brayden
(me cringing as I put a bandaid on Kosty's mangled toenail) "Mommy, just fink about jellyhbeans falling from the sky and landing in your mouth! YUM!" -Kosty
"I am the boss of you, Brayden. Mommy is the boss of daddy, me, and you though." -Kosty
Kosty: "dang it! I knew I would have bad luck today." Brayden: "That is called KARMA."
"I feel like you are on some secret diet or something...?" -Brayden noticing my lack of meat eating at the dinner table
"I don't think we could ever give mommy enough THANKS." -Brayden
"it's just NO FAIR that Brayden came out of your tummy first!!" -Kosty
"when you try to be funny, and someone laughs, it makes you feel good." -Kosty
(driving to school on a stormy day) "its so nice outside today. Too bad I'm going to be stuck inside a building scraping a piece of lead against a piece of paper." -Brayden
"Ahh! whatever. You're just trying to show the whole world how awesome you are." -Kosty (referring to Brayden jumping really high on the tramp)
"I'm in good mode right now. Hey Madison, I have different modes. Good mode, bad mode, and monster mode!" -Kosty
"daddy, I don't like it when you do that. It depresses my coolness." -Brayden not liking jer mimicking him
"mommy, if the drinking fountain and the hang glider worked, and there were monkey bars here, this park would be complete." -Kosty
"in the pathway to getting a dog, I keep running into a block wall. That block wall is MY MOM." -Brayden
"My issue is that I correct people too much. But I'm working on it." -Brayden
(brayden destroying my hair at church & me finally asking him to leave it alone) "I can't help it! this is my favorite hairstyle!" (down & straight)
"if you play this game then I will stop fighting you FOREVER!!" -Kosty (to brayden)
"I"M TRYING TO BE PROACTIVE HERE!!!!" -Kosty
"mommy, when I go to college, I want to be homeschooled." -Brayden
I'm sorry we're the most untamed boys in america." -Brayden
"how come daddy gets mad at US and he never gets mad at YOU." -Brayden
"Mommy, you could like be FAMOUS for your grilled cheese sandwiches!" -Brayden
"I will NEVER understand fashion." -Brayden
"if I had one wish, I'd wish for infiniti wishes. Then I'd wish for a jet pack, then a dog, then a house with no crickets." -Brayden
"it's been a painful seven years without a dog." -Brayden
(me being uptight about the messy house) "You're kind of reminding me of that green furry guy that lives in a trash can on Sesame Street right now." -Brayden
"did you hear that burp?! Oh yeah! I'm awesome! ....excuse me." -Kosty
"Kosty, you just need to get over that SHY thing. Seriously." -Brayden
"AHH! Brayden! I just wish you could take off your mouth and put in in your pocket!" -Kosty
(after I hugged him) "Ahhh! You're like the love police!!" -Brayden
"the word SHARE does not exist in Kosty's world." -Brayden
"Thank you for always reading with expression, Mommy." -Brayden
"he's just saying nice things so he can have a circle above his head!!" -Brayden warning us about Kosty's sincerity
"I got a turtle in my mouth." (meaning: I have a frog in my throat) -Kosty
"I hate being cute!!! It's soooo WEIRD." -Kosty
telling brayden our neighbor is having a girl "I wish I had a mom that was a babymaker!" "well, I want the same mom but I just wish you were pregnant more." "They could like even play musical chairs!!"
"I just WISH I could see what you do all day when me & kosty are at school!" -Brayden
"well, we're all GUSSIED up and ready to go!" -Brayden
"Momma, you aren't very good at video game stuff. But you are good at hairstyles & clothes stuff." -Brayden
"How many times do I have to tell you!!!?? Stop messing around when I'm playing my game." -Kosty (yelling at Brayden)
"What?! This is just a plain ORDINARY shirt!" -Kosty (disapproving of a t shirt I picked)
Brayden: "Can I go to Riley's? " Me: "Sure" Brayden: "Can Kosty come too? I kinda feel bad for him."
Me: "Brayden why don't you defend yourself when kosty attacks you?" Brayden: "Because I'm trying to be a good brother."
"Daddy how do you burp so good?!" -Kosty
"if I grow up to be a mom, I'll just go running and click on the computer." -Kosty
"I just googled Power Ranger coloring pages and printed it." -Brayden (when I asked him how kosty got a coloring page)
"when I grow up I wanna be a ninja, an explorer and a tiger hunter!" -Kosty
"I just LOVE popcorn! Its so good and refreshing!!" -Kosty
"Why do all straws have red stripes!?" -Kosty
"Guess what Mommy? I like you now!!" -Kosty
"I bet you just want to stand up and say, NO MORE MR. NICE WOMAN!!" -Brayden
(Kosty pestering Brayden) "You are lucky I'm nice!" -Brayden
"For less than the price of ONE ruined sweater!" -Brayden (sold on Space Bags)
(riding on the grocery cart) "Hey Momma, can you stop so I can get off this crazy train!?" -Kosty
(at the dentist) Brayden: "I wish I could see what Kosty is doing." Hygenist: "He is doing the same thing you are doing. Getting his teeth cleaned." Brayden: "No, I want to see his BEHAVIOR."
(Me telling Brayden to turn around & go to his room & get his jammies on) "My jammies are in the family room. See, there's always a logical explanation for what I'm doing wrong." -Brayden
"tomorrow I'm going to walk into school and say, 'I don't have time for SIX hours of this! I've got a life!' and walk out" -Brayden
after cede's bridal shower..."Cede, you can't leave. You are the main character in this party!" -Brayden
Kosty: "Daddy, blow on my dumplings! and get me a dwink of water wif ice! And then I won't whine anymore!"
"Does it hurt when you take off your beard?" -Kosty
"What happens when the tooth fairy looses her teeth?" -Brayden
"This is INTENSE!" -Kosty (while pulling a weed)
"is it being mean to Jesus if I tell him he needs a haircut?" -Brayden
"Oh ya bubba? Well, I'm gonna SCREW you!" -Kosty as he held up the drill. :)
"I fink I wanna trade for a different brudder." -Kosty
(after a friend took apart the train track) "Uh-oh. My mom worked hard for this. Now she's gonna have to put it all back together." -Kosty
"I've been 6 for WAY too long. Its time to take it to the next level." -Brayden
"I just like Daddy better than you. Sowwy!" -Kosty
"why are you so nice in the morning and so mean at night?" -Brayden
"I fink I need a KEEP-OUT sign for big brother." -Kosty
"Mama, sometimes when I'm sitting on the potty, I fink about fings like swimming." -Kosty
"bubba are you SURE you understand to not bother me??" -Kosty
"Are fireworks bad for the enviroment?" -Brayden
"You are doing really good with that little rule we talked through." -Brayden (referring to his request for me to ease up on my 'loves')
Just sitting down for dinner, "May I be excused pwease?" -Kosty
To my visting teachers, "All you talk about is yourselves! I thought you were supposed to teach my mom how to be a better parent?!" -Brayden
(going down the slide) "Wook out be-wo!" -Kosty
"Six hours is WAY too long to be away from you." -Brayden (sad about school)
"Momeee got Chucky Tarms!" (Lucky Charms)- Kosty
"Momma, you are the snuggliest. Dada you are the funniest. I am giving you BOTH a compliment." -Brayden
"Oooh! This is the sy-niest (shiniest) Oreo on EARF!" - Kosty
"I'm a FIRSTY boy, Mommeee!" -Kosty
"Fiwst, we get a pretzel, and then we go to the giwl stores. Fo you." -Kosty
(Jer letting him stay up late) "Dada, don't you know you are cutting into my beauty sleep?!" -Brayden
(passing a "Mini Skool" day care) "We better not go there, they can't even spell school!!" -Brayden
Bray: "Do you know what I prayed for?" Me: No, what? Bray: "for Kosty to not be rotten anymore."
Jer: "Bubba are you excited for your sleepover at Grandma's?" Bray: "Um, can Mama come?"
Brayden: "do you know what the worst part of the day is?" Me: Bedtime? Bray: "ding, ding, ding...give the girl a prize!"
Me:Brayden why are you SO thirsty when you get in bed?" Brayden- "because I'm a MAN, woman!"
"Alright chapped lips, get ready to meet MR. Chapstick!!" -Brayden
"mama, go in one of YOUR stores now, you deserve it." -Brayden (after checking out all the kid spots at the mall)
"Mama, is curtevlick a word?" Me: "No." Brayden: "well it should be."
(praising him for his neat schoolwork) "That's because I was trying to knock Ms. Wahla's socks off!" -Brayden
(a day consisting of the library and Subway for lunch) "This is the BEST day of my life!!" -Brayden
(the day after Christmas) "How many days till Cwistmas?" -Kosty
"I feel really good in my heart when I'm nice." -Brayden
(listening to christmas music) "Mama, is this song going to make you cry big tears of JOY?" -Brayden
"All I want for Christmas is my family!" -Brayden
"Oooh, takin pictures of the hottest, stylin' stuff, eh?" -Brayden (watching me take necklace pics)
"I HATE that bunny suit!" -Kosty (referring to his footed jammies)
"Mama, I'm PROUD of myself! I got a character counts card at school today!" -Brayden
(after discussing he isn't eating enough at lunch) "Just email Ms. Wahla and ask her if Brayden says he's hungry at school." -Brayden
"if Christmas is Jesus' birthday, why do we get presents?" -Brayden
"Oh man, I hate being LOCKED UP at school." -Brayden
"can you cut the pinecone (pineapple) so I can have some?" -Kosty
(looking at the store closing sign) "Aww, poor Circuit City." -Brayden
(looking at kosty in the pool lounger) "Kosty, Whoa! you look all stylin' and relaxin'!" -Brayden
"if I put my tooth under my pillow again, will the tooth fairy bring me more money?"-Brayden
"can I take a nap now, pwease?"-Kosty
"I peed my bed. Bubba peed his bed too."-Kosty
"No fanks, fank you vo." -Kosty
"Naked baby on the WOOSE!" -Kosty
"Here are Brayden's tips to having an awesome life: Tip #1: Have YOU for a mom. That's it." -Brayden
(noticed him smiling at me and asked him what he was thinkin about. "Just that I'm really glad you're a nice mommy." -Brayden
2 comments:
Kosty in a scout shirt. I die.
Post a Comment